Man misfires gun in Walmart checkout line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you are correct of course, but that is to say a glock is Not Always cocked. it must be cocked by chambering a round or cycling the slide. Just a clarification is all.

That and it's not a single-action pistol. Like many other striker-fired guns, it uses a hybrid DA / SA "safe-action" which is basically that it's only about 65% (I think that's the number - I'd have to look it up again - it might be closer to 70%) "cocked" and when you pull the trigger, you're actually "cocking" the striker-pin the remainder of the way while at the same time moving the firing-pin channel safety out of the path of the firing pin.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ez bake said:
That and it's not a single-action pistol. Like many other striker-fired guns, it uses a hybrid DA / SA "safe-action" which is basically that it's only about 65% (I think that's the number - I'd have to look it up again - it might be closer to 70%) "cocked" and when you pull the trigger, you're actually "cocking" the striker-pin the remainder of the way while at the same time moving the firing-pin channel safety out of the path of the firing pin.

^^this. Glock, XD, M&P only go bang when the go switch is pulled.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait til November 1st, the amount of dumbshittedness in people handling firearms here in Oklahoma will raise 1000%.

And this guy is the new poster child for a dumbshit concealed carry permit holder.

But, I kind of was too late last night/early this morning. I'm usually up late out in my shop/studio working and I also usually grab a break when I get hungry and will get out of the house for a minute by going out and down 193rd to grab a bite to eat nearby in BA somewhere- Whataburger, JackInTheBox, etc. Its usually about 12am-4amp, last night/this morning it happened to be between 2 and 3am and I headed for Whataburger and those chicken fajita tacos. I grabbed a subcompact but didnt grab a holster cause I was in basketball shorts and a Tshirt and was only going to be in the truck so I just grabbed the pistol and shoved it into my pocket- which ended up being 2 smallish front pockets that already held a wallet, cellphone, truck keys, knife, etc. When I got to the truck I pulled the pistole from my pocket and put it in its go-to hidin spot- loaded mag but not a round chambered.

When I came back home, I shut the truck down and started grabbing stuff to carry into the house. I ended up holding my wallet, a big extra large cup of Coke and the hamburger sack with the fingers of my left hand, and then I needed the keys to be in my right hand to open the front door. I grabbed the pistol with my right but transferred it to the one finger I had left on my left hand so I could open the door with my right hand. Pretty damn awkward situation with all that stuff in my left hand and this pistol dangling from a finger. Thankfully, per my usual routine transferring a pistol to my car or truck- the gun with loaded mag but no round chambered- still, if it had been it wouldnt have been the safest situation.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you guys not watch the video? It was an XD and yes he had a holster. An XD is one of the safest guns out there because of the backstrap safety. One of two things happened:
1) Gun Malfunction- chances would be near 1 in a million
2) Depressing the backstrap safety and pulling the trigger- likely

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bet it was one of those 1911's types with the manual safety. Accidents waiting to happen. I personally know 3 people that have shot themselves in the buttocks with those things. Get a Glock that you don't have to keep Cocked!!

You must know some stupid people then. I carry a 1911 and never once has my thumb safety moved on accident. And even if the safety is off it isn't going to fire if you keep your finger off the trigger.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you guys not watch the video? It was an XD and yes he had a holster. An XD is one of the safest guns out there because of the backstrap safety. One of two things happened:
1) Gun Malfunction- chances would be near 1 in a million
2) Depressing the backstrap safety and pulling the trigger- likely

Then there was a coffee table close to the man. Sorry, I had to say it.

T

TheRealGman

Just wait til November 1st, the amount of dumbshittedness in people handling firearms here in Oklahoma will raise 1000%.

Hey Nofearfactor, please explain. I firmly believe that the holsters that are not inside the waistband or in the pocket are way safer. Also, anyone that wants to open carry must still have a CCW permit. All you are doing is stirring up crap and I believe you need to explain why the amount of dumbshittedness will raise 1000%.

I lived in Kansas when they went to open carry and I heard the same crap. Guess what? None of it happened. Go spend a couple of days in Wichita and you will not once see a person open carrying. We have enough of the liberal media against us we also don’t need to add fuel to the fire. Be careful of sell fulfilling prophecies.

TRGM

Latest posts

Top Bottom