Man Shot at Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happened to the inspection process at the door? Ya know, where they put that big yellow tie strap on it?
I haven't been to a gun show in over 10 years but I seem to remember having to hand my firearm to an officer at the door who verified that it wasn't loaded and put a strap through it. Did they stop doing this at some point or are they just not very thorough? It seems that would eliminate some of the issues and seeing the bright yellow or orange tag would provide at least some comfort when you are getting swept by people who are ignorant about gun safety.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People need to be accountable for their actions. They also need to follow the rules of gun safety. When rules are not followed an accidental discharge is bound to happen. Even when they tie guns at the door many guns are still found loaded in the shows. I have been called paranoid many times because I check and recheck guns. There are times when I am set up that I'll pull different guns off the table, cut the tie and clear them, just to put on another zip tie. Enough rambling.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why they say it 'accidentally' fired unless it malfunctioned.

If someone's finger is on the trigger and it goes off, it's not an accident. The weapon did exactly what it was told to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom