Mardi Gras 2015 Tuesday, February 17th....??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooooooooo, is anyone going to Mardi Gras 2015..........The Big Easy(New Orleans) or even Galveston???

I've got a few buddies who want us(wife and I) to come down to G-Town(Galveston) and Let the Good Times Roll!!!!!!

As the years go by I've either learned my lesson from years past, gotten a little wiser, or a little more mature in my old age.....who knows???

Heck, I don't even know the theme for this year....showin' my old age.

I guess this weekend I'll get a King Cake from Whole Foods and a 12 pack of Schlitz.

[Broken External Image]
Yep.........that's a baby in the King Cakehttps://www.randazzokingcake.com/pages/History-of-King-Cakes.html

I have to admit.......Galveston Mardi Gras is more my speed. I use to live there and was on a few Krews, know the easy manner of the Seawall Mardi Gras, and still have some friends who live there.......
[Broken External Image]

Not downtown or the Strand area........no way!!!!!!!

New Orleans Mardi Gras........whew!!! 1986-Holy Mother of God......This was waaaay before I was married and some college buddies and I went to see an old friend in N.O. We had a buddy who was a pharmacist in the N.O. area and we went to PARTY!!!!!!!!

Trust me.........Laudanum(tincture of opium)......mixed in Southern Comfort, Hurricane drinks, beer, and who knows what else..........

About 2 days later Cohiba woke up in St. Louis Cemetery #1...............3/4 of my clothes were missing, I felt like a Mac Truck had run over me and the Sahara Desert was in my mouth. It took me 4-5 hours to remember who I was and where I needed to get to(my buddies house) if I wanted to get home!!!!!!
[Broken External Image]

I still get teased about that time in N.O...........when I get together with my buds in Houston.

Those days are long gone!!!!!!!!!! That's a younger man's game!!!!!!

Happy Mardi Gras 2015.........Let the Good Times Roll..........Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulet
sites.psu.edu_christinasoliday_wp_content_uploads_sites_5136_2cd60cd7df7547fa5822f99d8986cead0.jpg

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that, have framily in Louisianna, my gramma lived in Metairie when she was alive giving us a place to stay during Carnival. The party we have here every year is enough for me these days, I got the baby last year so Im providing the cake this year.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife has a conference on the Thursday-Saturday following. Work is paying for us to drive down for the week and we are staying with a friend uptown for the Saturday-Wednesday parades.

I suspect it's going to be a heck of a good time

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stayed with a friend the one time I was in N'awlins during Mardi Gras. It was COLD that year - maybe that's why I didn't see any bared chests? Still had a good time, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom