"Marines", "Rangers", "Snipers" and ******** Artists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A DD-214 isn't always a prefect record of your service. In 1972 when I was discharged the personnel clerk handed me my DD-214. I looked it over and told him it didn't have everything on it and had some things that I hadn't done. He looked at me and said " do you want to get discharged today or would you like to stick around for a few more days while we correct it". I just wanted to get home so I said screw it.

Ditto. However I do have the original orders for the stuff that is missing from my 214.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Father was a Flight Medic on a chopper,in Viet nam.
He would Not talk about it, other than to say it was his job to drag the Heroes to safety after They Did theyre Job.

Later He told me some things , not really memory's you want to keep.
He went on to become a Professor of Mortuary Sciences...Yes He was "The Mortician"
He died 4-5 years ago from Multiple Myeloma, courtesy of the US gov.

Thank You for Your Service

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several friends who served in fallujah with the Marines. None talk about it openly. One evening after we were all good and liquored up we got back to the house and they all started talking about it, I just sat there an shut my mouth and listened. I think they forgot I was there. They were college roommates on the GI bill getting their education.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv seen some horrible stuff the last 3 months while in the military. Iv killed more dust bunnies than you can possibly imagine. Iv spent hours cleaning barracks, with no sleep or liberty. I should write a book.

Hey, Man! IF you write that book, please don't illustrate it. I get the willies every time I see that avatar photo with the dude in jail. Almost as bad as the toes. Maybe the other sailors can get you to appreciate "true beauty?"

Oh, and if you don't "kill" those dust bunnies, they might kill you.

Good luck to you and prayers are with you. Thanks again for serving.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of those who talk about it, never saw it!

this^^^

As a vet, I've met more SEALs, Rangers, Green Berets, and numerous other special forces types 'after' I got out than when I was in. Of course all but about two of them were complete BS. Very easy to spot a BSer.

While on active duty, we actually had a guy in our squadron who told us he was a chopper pilot for the CIA in Vietnam. He would have been about 16 yrs old during Vietnam. We called him out on it, and it didn't phase him a bit. He just kept to his story. LOL

What a sad way to go through life pretending to be something else.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 19 year old grandson is in a training program where a kid younger than he is claimed to be a Marine scout-sniper with 45 confirmed kills in Iraq. Well, my son-in-law is an combat vet, and I just spent 20+ years in the Army, so my grandson called him on it. Kid was some embarrassed.

Sent from my little slice of Heaven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom