Market over-saturation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you OKC fellers trying to rid your collection of wheel guns need to expand your horizons to the east! Seems like OKC has an overabundance of wheel guns and Tulsa has an overabundance of plastic carry 9's, but my searches might be a little biased, might. What say you, OSA'rs? Am I crazy in my thinking....don't answer that. :grumble:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think part of the issue is that the market is saturated with folks asking high prices. Nobody wants to lose any money on a gun… post something for sale and ask 30% below market value, and I bet you’ll get blown up

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think part of the issue is that the market is saturated with folks asking high prices. Nobody wants to lose any money on a gun… post something for sale and ask 30% below market value, and I bet you’ll get blown up

it's funny that people think that guns go up in value with time and use, defying the logic of every degradeable good on the planet. look up some of the guns on the classifieds even here; i bet a lot of them are asking near the price you can buy a brand new one.

what's the point of buying used if i gotta pay damn near the same price as a brand new one, without all the guarantees and warrantees that it brings?

**** sometimes they even go for higher...like no i'm not gonna pay 1,300 for a rifle you paid 1,100 for 5 years ago. i don't care that you've only fired 300 rounds thru it and it comes with random accessories...

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's funny that people think that guns go up in value with time and use, defying the logic of every degradeable good on the planet. look up some of the guns on the classifieds even here; i bet a lot of them are asking near the price you can buy a brand new one.

what's the point of buying used if i gotta pay damn near the same price as a brand new one, without all the guarantees and warrantees that it brings?

**** sometimes they even go for higher...like no i'm not gonna pay 1,300 for a rifle you paid 1,100 for 5 years ago. i don't care that you've only fired 300 rounds thru it and it comes with random accessories...
Hear hear!

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has not been my experience. I researched a kimber pro carry 2 stainless on budsgunshop.com and it listed for $1049. I priced it at $750 and only got a few trade offers for much lower valued items. :)

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. It depends on what it is. I've posted stuff at market and WAY below market, well below 30%...to the point of losing $$. A lot of people are just cheap. They won't even drive over to pick up free stuff because it costs too much. Most of the trade offers are cheap and junky too.

On occasion though, folks will pony up some pretty awesome trades and reasonable cash offers but most of the time not.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT something something INFLATION something something ITS RARE, NOT MADE ANYMORE 🤣

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Depends on the goods. I've got vehicles that cost between $2600 and $3500 brand new almost 60y ago that are worth 10 to 12 times that now. Same with a few firearms. If we're talking Glock 19s and Ruger 10/22 and Benelli duck guns that have been to the bottom of the swamp and back then yes you're correct.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the goods. I've got vehicles that cost between $2600 and $3500 brand new almost 60y ago that are worth 10 to 12 times that now. Same with a few firearms. If we're talking Glock 19s and Ruger 10/22 and Benelli duck guns that have been to the bottom of the swamp and back then yes you're correct.
there’s a difference between a legitimate collectible and a good. A difference between a watch you buy at Walmart and a watch pulled from the titanic haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom