Market over-saturation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a question.......I keep seeing ads for something I'm interested in, but the ad says "established members" are only welcome or some such wording.
So I say nothing because I don't know what in he!! the parameters are that make someone an "established member". Can somebody enlighten me?

To me it means someone that’s been around a while, contributes to the conversations, engages in debate, and someone who doesn’t have a 2-3 week or month old membership and never posts anywhere except the classifieds.

Some want supporting members only/preferred, which I’ll never be for reasons previously explained by me here, regardless of how many DM’s I get begging for money.

Some want both. I suspect it means different things to different people. Here’s the thing though, if ya see something you want, make contact and see what they say. What’s the worst thing that can happen; they say no and you don’t get it. You already don’t got it. Nothing but upside to making contact and starting a dialogue.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got a question.......I keep seeing ads for something I'm interested in, but the ad says "established members" are only welcome or some such wording.
So I say nothing because I don't know what in he!! the parameters are that make someone an "established member". Can somebody enlighten me?
FWIW, you’ve been here a year, have over 200 posts and over 600 likes. You are also a supporter. I’d consider you established if you were ever interested in an item I had for sale.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's funny that people think that guns go up in value with time and use, defying the logic of every degradeable good on the planet. look up some of the guns on the classifieds even here; i bet a lot of them are asking near the price you can buy a brand new one.

what's the point of buying used if i gotta pay damn near the same price as a brand new one, without all the guarantees and warrantees that it brings?

**** sometimes they even go for higher...like no i'm not gonna pay 1,300 for a rifle you paid 1,100 for 5 years ago. i don't care that you've only fired 300 rounds thru it and it comes with random accessories...
Let me know if you have a Colt pre war 38 super, or any pre 64 Winchester. I'll be stupid and give you the 68 dollars you paid for it new, and you won't even have to give me a warranty.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This has not been my experience. I researched a kimber pro carry 2 stainless on budsgunshop.com and it listed for $1049. I priced it at $750 and only got a few trade offers for much lower valued items. :)
Sometimes people just don't want or need what you're selling at the time. If it's not a high demand item it might take awhile to find a buyer.

Also location can be an issue. Some folks won't drive very far for a meet up even if it's something they are looking for.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's funny that people think that guns go up in value with time and use, defying the logic of every degradeable good on the planet. look up some of the guns on the classifieds even here; i bet a lot of them are asking near the price you can buy a brand new one.

what's the point of buying used if i gotta pay damn near the same price as a brand new one, without all the guarantees and warrantees that it brings?

**** sometimes they even go for higher...like no i'm not gonna pay 1,300 for a rifle you paid 1,100 for 5 years ago. i don't care that you've only fired 300 rounds thru it and it comes with random accessories...

Some people don’t want to buy new from a store where they have to fill out a 4473, even if they can pass the NICS check. In some cases they are willing to pay a little more to buy from a private party.

I also don’t believe that you have to be the original purchaser to get factory coverage for any defects of the firearm.

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes people just don't want or need what you're selling at the time. If it's not a high demand item it might take awhile to find a buyer.

Also location can be an issue. Some folks won't drive very far for a meet up even if it's something they are looking for.
If that Kimber that Preacherman was selling wasn't stainless, I'd been on it like Michael Jackson on a boy scout troop! I mean I'd have worked harder than an ugly stripper to make the deal, I just don't like stainless/nickel shiny guns.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom