Maryland Democrats want to let young adults(under 25yrs old) off the hook for felony murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Peoples ( vigilante ) committees will take over... justice will be quick ,no appeals....got rope ?

Vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
View attachment 356036
noun
  • 1.a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
As long as the vigilantes are under 25, sounds like they would be safe from a felony in Maryland lol.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Felony murder? Is there a misdemeanor murder I’m not aware of….

This is the “you were committing a felony and someone got killed” kind of murder.

Remember the fat little female getaway driver for the the 3 hoodlums that got smoked after breaking into the house in Coweta a few years ago? She was charged with “felony murder”.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article:

"The Democratic delegate behind the bill objects to this because anyone under the age of 25 has not had their brain fully develop. How would a 23-year-old know that participating in a violent crime such as robbery could lead to someone dying? They are basically children."

And yet these same people want to lower the voting age.

Copied this portion of the article:

Juvenile Justice Service, Vincent Schiraldi, believes that no one under the age of 21 should be tried as an adult or held in adult prison facilities. He has even entertained the idea of bumping that number up to 23 and even 25 years old.

To post the exact same thoughts on the voting age, then saw your post. Carry on!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Felony murder? Is there a misdemeanor murder I’m not aware of….
I'm guessing they're talking about the "felony murder rule," which allows someone to be charged with murder if they were involved in a felony that resulted in a death, even if they didn't participate in the actual killing. F'rinstance, if a group robs a bank and one of them kills a guard, all of them could be charged with murder under the felony murder rule.

It sounds like the proposed law would prohibit the felony murder rule from being applied to "kids" under 25 in addition to prohibiting them from being charged with first degree murder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom