MCAAP Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is your eye & ankle doing? I'm sure the full moon didn't help increase deer movement but you did see a lot of action and now you know where to hunt the next time you're there. I've decided that I'll be on the ground since I can get it set up a lot faster than a tree stand, allowing more time to scout this Thursday.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for asking, eye is swollen and red but useable. Ankle is still swollen, tender, bruised. Wife wants xrays, i told her its muzzleloader season. Headin to lease thursday if it dont fall off.

Are you hunting hominy?

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for asking, eye is swollen and red but useable. Ankle is still swollen, tender, bruised. Wife wants xrays, i told her its muzzleloader season. Headin to lease thursday if it dont fall off.

Are you hunting hominy?

Hominy it is. I've got several places already picked out, one or two in every section. Good luck on your lease this week & next weekend.
Muzzle loading season is over for me as of today. I took off today and almost had an opportunity but their was just too much brush between us but I was glad to at least see one though. Wish me luck cause I need all I can get, ha.

ericleo3445

New to the site!
Reaction score
Lurker, Im headed to Deer Creek next weekend and was wondering if you would let me in on where this little piece of heaven is? Im thinking about hunting near the restricted areas on C Tree road just west of Murphys Meadow but I havent heard so much as a rumor on where to hunt in Deer Creek.

I called, cabins are booked, im number 64 on cancelation list. She told me to call Sept 10th at 0630 to try and reserve a camper.

I reserved 2 rooms at Candle Light Inn, just outside gate.

This is my first time for Hominy, been to Deer Creek twice and have a most awesome place there. Missed one of the "most wanted" 3 times and another monster twice. Managed to shoot a doe at 10am Sunday, that promptly ran into a restricted area. Mr. Starry could not get permission to enter so had to leave arrowless and deerless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom