McAlester resaurant question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many, many months ago a thread was started about OK restaurants. Seems like a number of people were raving about a restaurant in or just outside McAlester, maybe on the South side? I think it was Italian or maybe BBQ. The Mrs. and I will be going through that area around lunch time in about a week. I'd welcome any restaurant advise. We'll be coming from the Eufala direction on our way to Mena, AR.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The three I usually go to are Isle of Capri, Giacomos, and Pete's. As far as I know, the only one open for lunch is The Isle of Capri. They are in Krebs, just a couple miles from Mcalester, on the East side. If you are familiar with Mcalester, they are not hard to find. All three are Italian and all three are excellent. Be prepared to drop at least $40, but it's worth it.

CodyC99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is Pete's Place and Roseanna's just east of McAlester in Krebs. They are both Italian. I have eaten there is a few years but they are both pretty good.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of the above posts hit it. Great Italian food.

There is also a small family run Italian grocery store there in Krebs. They make sausage, cheese, breads, etc. there as well as carry a lot of imported goods. If you like to cook Italian at home you really owe it to yourself to stop there as well.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Pete's - Choc beer :drink: - but most of my wife's family that live in McAlester like Giacomos the best. Isle of Capri is good also. I like Roseanna's the least but it is also the least expensive.

They all server family style. Be sure and try the lamb fries.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on what you want to eat.

For good ravioli fried or traditional and excellent beer go to Pete's Place. It is the most well known. When tourists go to Kreb's they mostly end up at Pete's.

Isle Of Capri is the best for atmosphere. I have never eaten lunch there and dont know if they are open for lunch.

The place I would suggest for lunch is Roseanna's. They have excellent sandwiches (meatball, Italian Sausage) and they aren't small. Of course I would have to suggest the half combination dinner. It comes with a meatball, lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli and gnocchi. It also comes with garlic bread and a salad.

Warning the above is written with bias as Roseanna's is my alltime favorite restaurant. If I wanted to wine and dine my wife for a great evening I would go to the Isle of Capri.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, I really, really appreciate the advice. Looks like a couple names are rising to the top, numbers wise. Looks like Krebs is a small place so we shouldn't have any trouble finding them. Sounds like some of them won't be open for lunch. We'll be coming back through a couple days later at dinner time and we'll eat at one we didn't the first time. (Did that make any sense just now???) Anyway, seriously, thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom