McAlester resaurant question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Roseanna's as well. With Pete's all you're paying for is the atmosphere. If you want good grub and the atmosphere ain't that important to you, Roseanna's is the place to go! :thumb:

I agree that Rosanna's is great for lunch.

But I disagree that Pete's is only for atmosphere... yes, it is a great atmosphere, but the food is also phenomenal. I've eaten Italian food the world over (including Italy) and few places have ever surpassed Pete's. In fact, their veal parmesan is hands-down the best I've ever found.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rosanna's for Lunch, Pete's for Supper, Giacomo's if you are dying for a steak. The Store in Krebs is Lovera's Italian Grocery. They make the Italian Sausage the Pete's serves. They also have awesome homemade Cheeses and the best Meat counter in SE OKLA. They are a bit pricey, though. enjoy.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that Rosanna's is great for lunch.

But I disagree that Pete's is only for atmosphere... yes, it is a great atmosphere, but the food is also phenomenal. I've eaten Italian food the world over (including Italy) and few places have ever surpassed Pete's. In fact, their veal parmesan is hands-down the best I've ever found.

+1 on the Veal!!! I think they took it off of the Menu, but you can still ask for it.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again - depends on what you like. Not so much on the Italian for me, but Pete's is one of those places you should try if you're in the area. There is a small local Mexican place just west and across the highway from Pete's that is my choice! It is great - my son and I ate there on Memorial Day about three years ago when Pete's was close and it was great! I think the name is Little Adelita's - may be affiliated with another Mexican place on the west edge of McAlester.

Cedar Creek

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of Italian, but I don't think you can go wrong with suggestions from others. For me when in McAlester it is BBQ....

Ball Hickory Pit Bar-B-Q
319 W Shawnee Ave, McAlester, OK 74501
(918) 423-4430

Closed Sun and Monday...

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Giacomo's for steak. There's been a about 4 million steaks cooked on that griddle and it is seasoned to perfection.
Pete's or Roseanna's for Italian. (The pork chops and the lamb fries at Pete's are great!)
Don't care for Ball's BBQ sauce but that is personal preference.

Something you may want to keep in mind when going for Italian down there that Pete Pritchard himself said....and I quote "This isn't really Italian. It's SE Oklahoma Italian. You have to serve what the customers want." So if you think you're going to get the same stuff they serve in Italy, you won't. It is GOOD but not the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom