McChrystal says take away .223 rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm letting my non-government trusting side of me come out, and I'm wondering if there isn't even a bigger agenda behind all of this push from gun control advocates, like more control...a lot more control.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I see lots of control coming. How can we maintain maintain our rights to own these guns for our protection when the damn military generals are saying they need to be taken away? We have cops, generals, politicians, celebrities, the media and all these fatheads who think they know better than all us responsible gun owners. This is a damn sight more than '94, this really feels like an all-out assault on the 2A that will lead to a full-on gun grab or they will make it so hard to get a gun license that it is impossible. Either way, the American public is about lose the one thing that protects all of the other rights we have.

I believe that the only thing that maintains our freedom is the 2nd amendment. There are other things that protect us, but all of those other protections can be wiped out, it is the 2nd amendment that protects them. Our right to vote, free speech, assembly, etc can be removed or suppressed for the "greater good" it has happened before. Just like this country has sorted out and interned specific groups before, specifically the west-coast Japanese. Nobody ever talks about that, but we did the exact same thing the Nazis did to the jews at the same damn time, only we didn't kill them. Why does anyone think it can't happen again?

okc4956

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is fos. I saw him on GMA the other day and he will say whatever BO wants him to say even tho they supposedly had a bit of a personality problem.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GEN McChrystal was an honorable officer who had the decency to offer up his resignation when he had embarrassed his Commander-in-Chief. He was also a talented field commander. Neither of those mean that his political opinions are worth more than mine or yours - just as Einstein proved that being a genius in physics does not necessarily confer genius in politics.

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
everyone keeps taking about how we have to safeguard the children and the people of the country. When our forefathers decided we needed to safeguard our country they called everyone to arms and it worked very well, lets take a lesson from history and if we want to safeguard people leads train them and arm them. That is the only way to make the streets and schools of America safer. A drunk at a bar looking for a fight never says "hey man, wheres that MMA fighter at I want to give him a piece of my mind" My idea of gun control, everyone should be issued one at birth.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is just one vote. And has an opinion, everyone has an opinion...Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, Jamie Foxx, quentin Tarantino, General McChrystal...they all have an opinion. None of their opinions are any more valid than any of ours....
:)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GEN McChrystal was an honorable officer who had the decency to offer up his resignation when he had embarrassed his Commander-in-Chief. He was also a talented field commander. Neither of those mean that his political opinions are worth more than mine or yours - just as Einstein proved that being a genius in physics does not necessarily confer genius in politics.

It wasn't decency, it was "resign or get fired".

He may have been talented, and I was one of his supporters, but he has pissed that away by staking his flag with the other camp.

His political opinions ARE worth more than yours or mine because he can go on national media programs and get attention. We can't.

In the military, there is a thing called Information Operations. They can win the IO battle if we don't stop dismissing people like this...."oh, he's just a retired General, his opinion doesn't matter". That's what you say, but some fence-sitting soccer mom says "Oh look, even this well-spoken military man, who got fired by Obama, thinks we should ban these guns."

That changes more minds than us dismissing the good General. His points must be answered and countered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom