The FIFY. A device being used in CA to circumvent the wacky rifle laws in place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is hilarious. Not sure I would want to be the one to be prosecuted and make this case law though! :fullauto:

https://skytacticalsupply.com/fify/https://skytacticalsupply.com/blog/the-fixed-it-for-you/
The Fixed It For You, or FIFY, is a device that allows for a magazine to be fixed to a modern sporting rifle in such a way that it can not be removed from the firearm without separating the action and partially disassembling it. While there are many ways to fix a magazine to rifle, none of the currently available options allow for a magazine to be installed into the grip of a firearm.

The FIFY solves that problem by utilizing a cage and a custom set screw that replaces a firearms stock grip screw. To fix the magazine inside the gun, a user simply needs to remove their trigger group, insert a provided allen wrench into the lower receiver, and thread the FIFY's screw in. After installation, the magazine (also known as an ammunition feeding device) is firmly stored inside the pistol grip.

What does this solve? It avoids the headache of having a fixed magazine device that doesn't hold a bolt back, jams up constantly, and/or requires a frustrating altered rear take down pin. The FIFY is the way to fix a magazine in a way that it doesn't jam up your rifle.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahaha, not sure Im that eager to try to prove that point, but I think it is awesome when anyone thumbs their nose at the government like that.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, this device can work only with .22LR ammo? It’s a start, for sure, but I wonder who will step up and be the test case…

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, this device can work only with .22LR ammo? It’s a start, for sure, but I wonder who will step up and be the test case…

I'm not sure that's how it works. I think the device just allows a small magazine (the .22LR magazine) to be affixed to the rifle in a way it can't be removed without disassembly of the rifle. I think that's why it complies with the law...because "a" magazine is permanently fixed in place.

That allows a second magazine (standard AR mag) to be used in the gun...because the law doesn't specify you can't have a secondary magazine...only that "a" magazine must be permanently fixed in place.

I could be wrong on that...

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will take them about 5 seconds to change "a magazine" to "all magazine". I applaud the nose thumb, but I see it short lived. There's a reason for the exodus from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom