Meat Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone gives you guff about it, explain that the propane is for your wife.

Ha, well, honestly that's the truth. For once an excuse actually works out in my favor. Mainly her and the youngin for hot dogs, chicken breasts, etc. I'd rather not dirty up the charcoal side with charcoal, but mainly use it as a smoking rack for better meats.

So,
Gas = weeknight meals
Smoke side = weekends

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thought this would be a different kind of thread, my bad.

I know your type.

PM me.

fourfour.typepad.com_photos_uncategorized_nick_haaaay.jpg

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha, well, honestly that's the truth. For once an excuse actually works out in my favor. Mainly her and the youngin for hot dogs, chicken breasts, etc. I'd rather not dirty up the charcoal side with charcoal, but mainly use it as a smoking rack for better meats.

So,
Gas = weeknight meals
Smoke side = weekends

I understand, that's why I have a propane grill.

TulsaBandit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Danny Tanner - I have that same grill that you posted (without the fire box) and it's great. Took awhile to put together but at that price point it's hard to beat.

I myself use one of those cheater electric smokers that look like a mini fridge. It's a Cajun Injector brand from Academy. Can't fit a whole lot but it works well, very low maintenance, and it's set & forget.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a new all in one model. I bought a Trager wood pellet grill. Their are several models and it is a smoker,grill and confection oven all in one!

+1 on the Traeger. I bought one three years ago and haven't looked back. Even gave my big stick burner away to a friend. Ace Hardware sells the Traeger pellets for 16.99 a bag, what does Gene Sears sell em for?

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd probably get laughed on the stage, but I'm thinking about picking up a Char-Griller Duo from Lowe's. Half propane, half charcoal, but has an optional side-fire box. Starting at $300 for the unit and $50~ for the side-fire box.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_5050-49769-...br|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Out of the box, they just seem mediocre to somewhat decent. But, there's a lot of people modifying these things to make pretty incredible rigs. So, I'd like to pick one up, re-paint and treat it, add a side-fire box, have someone cut me some steel heat tuning plates for the charcoal side and a baffle for the lid to bring the stack down closer to the food.

i202.photobucket.com_albums_aa110_carmo328_PICT0565.jpg

I have one and love it, I cook with charcoal 90% of the time, but nights like tonight when the old ball and chain is working and I am only grilling for me I use propane, and for her birthday I smoked about 42 steaks so it is a great, multi purpose, cooker IMO...

Latest posts

Top Bottom