Meat Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oklacowboy

100_1480.jpgThat's the way I do it. Just a cheap smoker, but it works.

First time I ever tried to put a picture on here, but I think it worked.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 20092
Ok, Wifey saw this thread and ran out and took a picture and said “post your cooking stuff”, so here it is.

On the Left is an old Mallard Grill, out of Arkansas. Left side can be used as a charcoaler, or drop the coals down into the lower box with wood chips and move the meat toward the right side to smoke. The right side has a propane burner and a large deep fry basket for fish, sliced jalapenos, potatoes or anything else you my like to fry.

Next we have a wok burner for one of the 20 inch woks from Bass Pro, still learning to stir stuff.

Next is my cold smoker contraption I built at least 25 years ago. I sliced the end off a whisky barrel and put a hinge to open it. I have 3 perforated metal racks that I can put raw bacon, cheese, or jerky on to smoke. My smoke source is an old metal milk box with an electric stove element on 110V. Wood chips on the element smoke and cool down in the 6 inch pipe that feeds smoke into the bottom of the barrel for cheese or bacon before we freeze it. For drying jerky I put a small propane burner in the bottom of the barrel.

Right side is an older cast aluminum Falcon dual burner propane grill. Good for a quick throw it on the grill and eat it.

Wifey is in charge of the Kitchen, I am in charge of the Grilling. This works for us.

Thanks for sharing other grilling equipment, and congrats to the new cookers here. If it ain’t smoken, it could be broken, grab a cold one and watch what is going on. Experiment and find what works for you.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunatly, I don't have any pics this time. But I put in 9 hours starting about 7am sunday with my Char-Broil Silver Smoker, made a few mods to it the night before. It's the horizontal one from my pic earlier in this thread. I smoked a 7lb brisket, 3 racks of baby back ribs, and a 10pk of boneless chicken breast. All for the inlaws Easter dinner. I was a bit worried the meat wouldn't turn out since it was my first time using that grill an I've never done a brisket or boneless breasts before, but it was a hit with everyone. I tried to time it so they would all be done at the same time, but they ended up all coming off at different times, so as each came off I just wrapped them tight in heavy duty foil and dropped em in the empty cooler to keep warm. Really wish I had taken some pics, cause that meat was lookin good.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you guys ever make it up here, OK Joe's just stomps every other place in KC into the dust. Don't let them tell you Arthur Bryant's, it's a joke anymore.

What do you think of Jack Stacks?

Probably out of your price range, but you really can't beat a BIG GREEN EGG! Nothing comes close and considerably more versatile!

I really want one of these!!

Ok what the best Rub?

Head Country Seasoning

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think of Jack Stacks?

Me and my daughter are heading up to KC this weekend to eat there. We try and make the trip a couple of times a year. Their burnt ends are awesome and there isn't a pit smoked bean that come close to theirs. Not to mention the cheesy potato bake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom