Mechanics & Shade Trees - what shoes/clothes do you wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dickies button front work shirts from wal mart and jeans for me. Those shirts are indestructable.
I agree with 65. Dickies are hard to beat for mechanic work. They don't make me overheat like Wranglers or Levis pants do. There is nothing worse than the combo of greasy fluids and swamp ass. I worked at Halliburton for a number of years and I have a collection of steel toe boots that weren't up to par for the shop, so I have a surplus of those to wear for foot protection. I drop stuff often. Don't judge me! In the winter time I wear my uninsulated red coveralls to work in, but I'm a hot natured nutcase. I don't think I'm a nutcase, but other folks seem to think I am. I've ran with scissors and been involved in BB gun fights. This weekend I'm planning to "truck bed surf" down a dirt road in the country while using a chain saw to cut low hanging tree branches while wearing shorts and a wife beater. [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I end up wearing whatever I have on. If it's "nice" clothes I'll change into shorts and an old t-shirt. Otherwise I don't get too dirty aside from my hands and forearms. Just did my lower control arm bushings and rear shocks today. Didn't get any grime on my clothes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom