Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What facts werent gathered? I could give 2 chits either way on the subject, but I will say those saying why this would effect their business with heartland have a good argument that the other side has not negated.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a right set forth that no other country has set forth. With that right comes a GREAT responsibility. How responsible is it to just allow anyone and everyone to carry? Do we just issue a drivers license to any and everyone?

Sorry, logic breaks down in this one. I have seen it before, but driving is not a right, it is a priviledge. The saying is with great priviledge comes great responsibility. A right is a right.:censored:

I believe we all have a Constitutional right to possess and carry firearms. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need the permission of the government nor the approval of Heartland Outdoors to exercise our inalienable gun rights.

+1, thanks Mitch!!:thumb:

For all of you that support training and licensing before you're allowed to practice your 2A rights I ask:

Should we also require a journalism degree before allowing you to express your opinion?
Should we require an ordination paper from a certified church before you can witness or peach? Or at minimum a degree from a reputable college?
Should you have to be granted a permit to be free from unreasonable search and seizure?

I could go on, but . . . .

OMG a voice of reason, try not to interject logic into this discussion....:faint:

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, what next? People stating that I can't eat a burrito in a confined space because I may become a target for fart smelling?

I am already a target, I do not think having a gun or not having a gun on my hip is going to change anything.

How come there are not hundred of police officer murders each year? They are the ultimate target in those dream scenarios.

As a concealed Carry instructor, I am all for not requiring a permit. We do not need to tax firearm owners, when I believe we can get a few more dollars from smokers.

I don't drink alcohol but I do smoke cigarettes and currently the taxes on cigarettes is higher than the price of the cigarettes, I think they should tax beer, wine, and liquer just as heavily as cigarettes. Personnally I'm pretty tired of payin for your grandmothers pills.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me how you express your rights. But if I see you walk in carrying openly where I am don't get warped if you notice that I am walking as far from you as the environment allows and taking my family and friends with me. I have seen bad things happen and I want no part of you. Has nothing to do with rights in my view. It has everything to do with common sense and experience to me. I got shot by a store burglar in 1980 and if you want to call me scared because you have no experience then feel free.
:nono1:

You are assuming I have no experiance on BOTH ends of a weapon, you are wrong.

I hear the same suff from folks who have never shot a gun let alone been shot with one.

You want no part of me? What have I done.... lets see law abiding citizen and you are scared of me..... Not me with a problem.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole thread is a tempest in a teapot. :rolleyes:

"Everyone" (read, vocal minority) on OSA feels the 2A is threatened by someone exercising the First Amendment....and that he should be fired for it! But even then, they will still boycott HO!

But these same people "feel uncomfortable" if they see someone open-carrying a gun, or that extra training should be required for OC!

AZ has had open carry for years. Not too many shoot outs in the street in AZ......and if someone had been open carrying at the Giffords event, maybe the guy would've thought better of it, or been shot post haste by the GOOD GUY carrying the gun.

I guess they don't know that Vermont hasn't required a ccw permit EVER, the only stipulation being you can't do so with "malicious intent." Not a lotta mayhem going on there as a result, so where's the "logic" that says things will inexplicably go super whacky here if OC passes?

The inconsistency, animosity and outright stupidity in this thread boggles the mind.

If you "feel" that HO has threatened your 2A rights because one of their employees said something far less offensive than most of these anti-HO posts, regardless of the fact that HO sells evil black rifles, or that they will host an upcoming FULL AUTO shoot, or that they hold numerous SDA classes, or that they host Carrygun matches and other classes that will benefit the good guy, or that they, the Company, opposes ANY restrictions of the 2A, well, maybe you should inflict your presence on someone else!

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I'd carry a P08 or RZM PPK in a Party Leader holster if I wanted to go deustch. Maybe a webley in a flap holster if I wanted to British.

Now honestly, this would be cool! While I don't think an SD weapon should be for display, you might see some stuff that would otherwise be forever hidden away in someone's closet.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now honestly, this would be cool! While I don't think an SD weapon should be for display, you might see some stuff that would otherwise be forever hidden away in someone's closet.

I have a very cool USFA Omni Potent Target Model I could carry.

http://www.usfirearms.com/html/highres21.htm

I really don't care about open carry. I would probably never do it, unless I was hunting or out in the woods. However, I just don't see expending all the energy arguing about it. It will probably pass. If so, so what? I don't think it will have much of an impact either way, and for a lot of people here, the novelty will soon wear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom