Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont see why if you are scared to open carry (first one to be shot and all) you want me to be forced to conceal my weapon. What does it matter to you how I carry?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky to have a range the caliber of Heartland in your area....

As will we come April... :-)

I am torn on the training portion of the current bill as written. I love my personal freedom but to this day I have thoughts of the 3 idiots in my CC class and dreaded even walking out into the parking lot with those fools.

If they just inserted the language that it wasn't a criminal offense to expose your firearm from a concealed position unintentionally, I would be satisfied for now.

I have been to two States that allow OC and can't remember a single person doing so while visiting on vacation.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why it would be bad for business, they have a great range, not sure about their gun prices. I don't make a decision based on something like open carry support, I have no desire for open carry....

Whether one agrees with the tactical soundness of OC or not is irrelevant.

The 2nd isn't about OC vs CC. It's about the RKBA. Prohibiting OC is an infringement regardless of what the SCOTUS thinks.

Heartland will hardly go broke because I choose not to do business with them but I don't do business with 2nd Amendment bigots.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are you serious, so you think heartland outdoors who has said they are for open carry should fire a guy with 30 plus LEO experience because of his views on open carry, when he carries himself.... that is the only solution according to you, either they lose your (and other peoples) business or they fire a guy because of a personal view to gain your business..... you people on here make an emotional woman on menopause look calm compared to the emotionally driven responses i see here...

also how many businesses that you go to a daily basis have every single employee pro OC.... ZERO, so everyone here should not shop anywhere

You know ... I could take offense as I am a "woman of a certain age" except for one little thing ...

You hit the nail on the head. :pms2:

If I had a nickel for every time the "collective" of OSA wasn't gonna shop at Fred's anymore or H&H anymore or *fill in the blank business* anymore I would be a wealthy woman.

Ya'll flatter yourselves a little too much sometimes. :preocc:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Whether one agrees with the tactical soundness of OC or not is irrelevant.

The 2nd isn't about OC vs CC. It's about the RKBA. Prohibiting OC is an infringement regardless of what the SCOTUS thinks.

Heartland will hardly go broke because I choose not to do business with them but I don't do business with 2nd Amendment bigots.

However, they are not 2A bigots, judging by the facebook posting doing damage control after the employees comment. I'll bet the media went into the place, and asked for opinions of people and or employees without seeking an official statement from the store management/owners. Very deceptive to represent his opinion as that of the store. (unwise of the employee to give such an opinion while on the clock). I'm not fond of most media anymore for this type of tactic (along with others).

You would be the bigot here for requiring people to research and understand the 2A, but not researching on who you are boycotting.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surely you aren't so naive that you realize that FB post was a direct result of this post. The owner was smart enough, after reading this, to realize he allowed a employee to screw the pooch.

HO should now realize they are seen as a subject-matter expert on a highly-charged issue(s) that allows the media to get a new face on gun stories besides Miles Hall @ H&H Range. Bet nobody has any recollection of a similar instance occurring at H&H because it has always been Miles and not a regular employee speaking. This is just one of those things that educate business owners about how it is sometimes the small things that make a customer choose to do business with you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom