Media misrepresents Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would support open carry under 1 condition, those who want to open carry undergo the same training as those that can open carry now(LEO/CLEET).

The training required to carry concealed is far inadequate, put it out in the open on your hip and it brings a whole slew of other issues.

A gun on your hip isn't a magical talisman......

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
probably just for show ...with that belt and hammer down.

If I am not mistaken that holster is a paddle style that slides into the waistband of the jeans and not on the belt?
I hope the hammer is not rested on a live round.
Probably an empty chamber??

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would support open carry under 1 condition, those who want to open carry undergo the same training as those that can open carry now(LEO/CLEET).

The training required to carry concealed is far inadequate, put it out in the open on your hip and it brings a whole slew of other issues.

A gun on your hip isn't a magical talisman......

I do understand the need for training, should it be forced? I don't know, but training is needed. When I took my SDA class, I was scared to death by the gun handling of almost all the students on the firing line, and knowing that if they completed the process they were going to be out there with a loaded gun, and most would never seek any other training. Training is good, but that has to be followed up by practice, and I'm not talking about going out and plinking on the range. Kind of a two edged sword!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the training for Oklahomas CCW permit is a joke, do you really think the training for an open carry permit is going to be any better? Not likely and why should someone have to pass a test to be able to defend themselves in public.

Or, why should someone have to pass a test to exercise an inalienably right?

Matthew77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a right set forth that no other country has set forth. With that right comes a GREAT responsibility. How responsible is it to just allow anyone and everyone to carry? Do we just issue a drivers license to any and everyone? Open carry is not a solution for the issue. The issue is that the CCW law needs a work over to protect those of us who are trying to do what is right. If you look at the Arizona law, if you are carrying concealed and you print or accidentally expose you are still held accountable. You either have to carry open or concealed, but it cannot be a "mixture" of both.

I think if you open carry then you should have to wear special badge that is purple and yellow and says "I'm an Open Carry Lic. Holder." That might take the "cool" factor out of the open carry. (GRIN)

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still don't buy the argument that by OC'ing you make yourself a target and that there's a big chance you'll have your gun stolen and used against you.

If that were true LEOs would be getting gunned down ever day by their own guns that were stolen off their hips. I haven't heard of a cop getting his gun stolen and used against him while standing in line at Quiktrip lately.

And why didn't someone introduce the same damn bill that passed both houses last year? I know there's a similar one, but c'mon.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, back to the OP.

What about the range owner coming out against open carry?

How are 'we' going to take that?

Reaction score
from Danny Tanner

I understand that if you're in 7-11 and someone comes in to rob the place, with a gun on your hip you've just become target #1.

But, the open carrier understands this risk when he made HIS CHOICE to openly carry. I'm 99% sure that 99% of the time I would still carry concealed, but I would like to be able to make my own choice

Yep, this. $^#$^ them; I will definitely be boycotting; thanks for the heads up. If you're against open carry, then you're againt the 2nd amendment, period. Ya know, the right to "keep" and "bear" arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom