Medical Marijuana and gun ownership/possession

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Independence Day Celebrations.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. Illegal is against the law. Is it wrong to obey the law knowing the consequences if you don't?

I get what you’re saying here Dennis, and those that jumped your case over it probably do too, but this IS OSA and you know we never let an opportunity to ridicule, demean, or otherwise slam somebody go to waste.

So, if the goobers make your guns illegal, just cause Nancy Pulloverandsee or Maxine Waters becomes POTUS, or whatever; is it wrong if I (you) disobey and refuse to submit to them? To meekly give up our firearms because David Hog is now Attorney general and he has decided you don’t need or no longer have the rights guaranteed by the US Constitution. It might become illegal; but would it be wrong to disobey? To tell ‘em to go to hell?

I think I just catch 22’ed you. To stand your ground might in some cases be illegal but it might not be wrong says me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many people or many laws?

Many laws. Do we really need a law saying murder is illegal to know it's wrong to do? Examples like that. I know why we have most of the laws we have, but many (not all and not most) are there because people as a species can be stupid.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many laws. Do we really need a law saying murder is illegal to know it's wrong to do? Examples like that. I know why we have most of the laws we have, but many (not all and not most) are there because people as a species can be stupid.

They are there so those who violate them can be legally held liable/punished. And to define certain parameters of behavior. Without a law saying that murder is illegal, punishment, if any, might tend to be based on judgment, hangover, mood, prejudices, etc.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are there so those who violate them can be legally held liable/punished. And to define certain parameters of behavior. Without a law saying that murder is illegal, punishment, if any, might tend to be based on judgment, hangover, mood, prejudices, etc.

Hrm, didn't think of it from that angle, just the fact that it's "illegal". Its sad though that you need a many year degree just to understand law yet we are supposed to follow it. But, there are many laws on the books based on one section of society's ideals that other parts do not follow. IMO if I do something that causes no direct/indirect harm, does not pose a risk of causing direct/indirect harm to anyone else, I should be allowed to do it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, your wrong again and evidently you match the stereotype of the description of what a man shouldn't be.
Some of us respect the institution of marriage and being faithful to our wives. Is that wrong?
That's too ignert to even get a response.
Find some sense of humor ol man. jesus.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after all that has been said...under current law, it is illegal to use marijuana and possess a firearm. Period. The law is not unjust as it is now written, no need for revolt. Just work through the legal system to get the law changed. Until then, either lie on the next 4473, or refrain from purchase. Now, move on to a new topic.
Or just keep buying your weeds from uncle Hernandez on sw 25th and walker. heck buy your guns from him too while your at it why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom