Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

• Total voters

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy holidays was a failed PC campaign from a couple years ago.

If you want to call the early sixties "a few years ago" then you're correct.
There was no War On Christmas when I was a child but there was certainly the commonly uttered phrase Happy Holidays.

There is even one of those holiday jingle with that title, that predates the birth of anyone on this board.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just get tired of trying to please everyone i was raised as a christian so it was merry christmas (but i was also raised saying the pledge every morning in class too) i dont get offended when someone says something else like happy Hanukkah or a good Ramadan. I may have came off a little harsh in the OP but i get angry when people act like Merry Christmas Is a bad word

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This time of year I tend to get up set when people say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Its not JUST a holiday it is the day our lord Jeasus was born.
Holiday just doesnt fit
"Twas The Night Before Holiday"?
"I'm Dreaming of a White Holiday"?

So am i the only one who gets upset about hearing happy holidays insted Merry Christmas?

Here's a cheap shot: learn to spell Jesus.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather celebrate His death and resurrection. Much more important than His birth.

Besides, Dec 25 is a secular holiday and not the day of His birth.

Don't get worked up about "holiday", as in the origin of the word, it is still a "Holy Day" and nobody can change that. I figure someone else has every right to wish me a happy "whatever". They can wish me a happy ********* day if they want, I don't care, as long as they smile when they say that.

\\Merry Christmas.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This time of year I tend to get up set when people say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Its not JUST a holiday it is the day our lord Jeasus was born.
Holiday just doesnt fit
"Twas The Night Before Holiday"?
"I'm Dreaming of a White Holiday"?

So am i the only one who gets upset about hearing happy holidays insted Merry Christmas?

You might want to spell check your post before ranting..

I have been known to say both. And the Happy Holidays seem to cover Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Christian, and my family and I will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, but it doesn't bother me when someone says Happy Holidays, Happy Hannekah, or even Hushwa Yo Medagga.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to spell check your post before ranting..

I have been known to say both. And the Happy Holidays seem to cover Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

I hate posting from my iphone for that reason.

Wasnt ment to come off as a rant, just stating my opinion in hopes of everyone else sharing theres.
Merry Christmas

Kimber.45

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Having lost my job two weeks before Christmas and not having found one yet, it won't be much of a "Happy" or a "Merry" anything for me. Although either works because they both pretty much mean the same thing.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love how non believers are so quick to discredit Christmas because they don't believe in Jesus or Christianity but yet they celebrate themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom