Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays

• Total voters

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FTW. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas are not mutually exclusive. One is specifically aimed at Christmas, the other to cover the entire holiday season; Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Hanukkah etc....

I swear, sometimes people are so ready to be offended they make up sh$t to be offended by....and that offends me dammit! LOL.

Bingo!

People have been saying Happy Holiday for .... decades?

...why it suddenly became an insult to baby Jesus to say it, I dunno.

EDIT - But it just occurred to me... Baby Jesus KNOWS I don't mean any insult to him, so.... he's the only one who really matters, right?

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have been in some sort of customer service for most of my workng career, and when you are representing the company you work for, most of the time you will say Happy Holidays, just out of respect for others, but if someone says Merry Christmas to me then I will say the same to them.

I don't agree with people getting offended by Merry Christmas, but when you have a job you have to do what they tell you to

Moosey

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason for the season is "Emmanuel God with us." I love my Jesus and am not ashamed to dedicate a day for His birth whether He was born on that day or not. It's not about the date but the heart. Jesus came into this world to turn many hearts back towards almighty God and for that i am eternally thankful.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Happy Holidays, but I do have a slightly off topic question.

Why do we put a tree in our house and decorate it to celebrate the "birth of jesus"?
Our holidays make no sense sometimes. Let's go hide eggs and wait for a bunny to bring us candy.
What in the wide world of sports does this have to do with anything?

Latest posts

Top Bottom