Messenger Bag CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im always carrying my laptop and pistol with a messenger bag wherever I go and need to located a nice leather CCW type of messenger bag. Ive got a leather Fossil type messenger bag now and carry CCW and it has finally worn out the magnetic side pocket that I usually carry in. Does anyone have any recommendations or an all leather type of CCW messenger bag type for carry?

I just had another idea. 1st, have the magnetic latch repaired/replaced. That can't be that much money.

Then, just buy the Ohai holser from Crossbreed and put in in your bag.

If the bag you have works, and you like it, just improve rather than replace. Even if you don't want the Fossil, you are not limited to the $$350 dollar Crosscarry bag; find a bag you like that will work, and put the $50 holster in it.

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had another idea. 1st, have the magnetic latch repaired/replaced. That can't be that much money.

That's a good option, the magnets aren't that expensive and with a fossil type bag your wife/lady friend and heck even you can sew it back into the bag with a home sewing machine, a 14 leather needle, and at least a 69 thread. Just be careful if the pocket is an exterior pocket because it will "print" very noticeably after time because of the leather thickness.

(For the record, because the sewing is for the purpose of a firearm ... it's manly sewing.)

veteran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the more I look around, the closer I am to just having the side pocket repaired and upgrading with Ohai holster is an excellent idea!

I know Snow White off of 71st and Mingo rocks on sewing, so I would probably take it to her before I attempted myself. If I cant fix it with duct tape then I take it to her :)

I would like to see Regina's work first though... so do have any pics of the modifications that you do... that you would like to share?

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask why you choose to carry in a bag as opposed to on body? Bag carry is one of the worst ways to carry a side arm I am just curious to here your reasons for choosing this method for you.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask why you choose to carry in a bag as opposed to on body? Bag carry is one of the worst ways to carry a side arm I am just curious to here your reasons for choosing this method for you.

When I worked in an office, I could not dress around a large pistol in my business attire.

So I kept my LCP in my pocket, and my XD in my Messenger/Laptop bag. I kept it in a slide-style holder but loose (meaning not velcro'ed or stitched in place) in the bag, so if I ever had to draw I would just knock off the holder with my weak hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom