Metformin VS Berberine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had diabetes 1 year & 1/2 . Was reading about metformin on computer . Saw comment about berberine, Read about berberine bought me some this AM. At home had sausage & biskit with table spoon of grape jelly. Wife had nothing to eat on way to OKC I got sausage & bisbit to go with her sausage egg Mc. Took one 500 MG berberine ., 2 hours later blood sugar was 130. Lunch was ham sanwitch. 2 hours later blood sugar was 108. If this is good or bad comment . Based on 2 meals looks good.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supposedly helps lower blood sugar, high blood pressure and cholesterol. I am checking it with with one of my nurse sisters since she is the charge nurse out of the bunch. I do have serious doubts about anything that claims to treat a lot of stuff but will report back what I find out.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B S about the same I was having lots of the problems they said were being caused by metformin.

That is to bad. How long have you been taking Berberine? Asking in case it is one of those that takes time to build up in your blood stream. So far I can not find any real studies showing it works but will keep looking and let you know if my sister knows anything. She is diabetic too, also a cancer survivor. You would think a RN would know how to take care of herself better. :P

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alpha Lipoic Acid is also supposed to help with diabetes and can help with the diabetic neuropathy. https://amzn.to/2TrbrBw is enough for 3 months when taken once a day

Glucomannan is something else that can help with diabetes sugar levels and weight loss when taken with good amounts of water. https://amzn.to/2WxiytQ is enough for almost 3 months when taken 3 times a day before meals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom