Mildly Corrosive Ammo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mildly corrosive is like saying a little bit pregnant. It is corrosive so clean with hot water good

+1, it's either corrosive or it isn't.

I think it's kind of sleazy when companies market ammo this way, and generally steer clear unless the deal is just smokin' good. Sad to see it from ammo to go...I liked them.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few year's back I got into some mildly corrosive 7.62 Nato from India (??). It wasn't labeled or otherwise noted as corrosive. I did not clean the H & K 91 that I shot the stuff through until a few days later. Oops! I got to scrub the bore a bunch with non-abrasive bore cleaner to get the "red" out. I still have the half-empty 2 oz. bottle of Rust Free sitting with my cleaning stuff, as a reminder to not make that mistake again.

Always treat any new lot of non-major brand ammo as potentially corrosive, until proven otherwise.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very similar to being mildly pregnant. It is or it isn't but it isn't as hot as really old ammo. Enjoy the cheap ammo, but clean like these gents said. nothing to be afraid of if you clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom