Military Acronyms/Morale patches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I know what most of the common ones are like SNAFU, BOHICA, and DILLIGAF....now, I've seen these patches that say...IRTECH....what does that stand for? I googled it and keep coming up with Impact Resources Technology...is that it?

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way back when I was flying skydivers out of Guthrie, we had a young OU student who was having a little trouble getting the hang of it (no pun intended). The guys good-naturedly stenciled FUBAR on his helmet.

Sky.

jsc5207

New to the site!
Reaction score
Ok, I know what most of the common ones are like SNAFU, BOHICA, and DILLIGAF....now, I've seen these patches that say...IRTECH....what does that stand for? I googled it and keep coming up with Impact Resources Technology...is that it?

IRTECH (Infra Red Technology) Clothing with IRTECH weaves reduces the IR signature of a moving object. This technology is currently being placed in tactical-military clothing such as BDU's.... Not to be confused with heat detection technology.

Latest posts

Top Bottom