military recruitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only real deterrent we have at present is our nuclear arsenal. our military is tried and worn out from fighting a political war in the Mideast-plus, we are so far in debt that if we had to go to war no one would loan us the money. So we'd print more and inflation would be rampant. The Air Force is more interested in appeasing the troops and now allows hands in the pockets while in uniform. Not a big deal, but there are far more important matters that are in need of addressing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only real deterrent we have at present is our nuclear arsenal. our military is tried and worn out from fighting a political war in the Mideast-plus, we are so far in debt that if we had to go to war no one would loan us the money. So we'd print more and inflation would be rampant. The Air Force is more interested in appeasing the troops and now allows hands in the pockets while in uniform. Not a big deal, but there are far more important matters that are in need of addressing.

While I was in an Army unit on an Air Force base in Pakistan, I saw that kind of attitude back in the '60's.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did 20+ years in the Army and I'm now a civilian AIT instructor at Sill. I'm not too worried about the soldiers, it's the leadership (at the very top) that I worry about.

"The saying 'A fish rots from the head down' - meaning and origin. What's the meaning of the phrase 'A fish rots from the head down'? When an organization or state fails, it is the leadership that is the root cause. "

My son had some great AIT instructors at FSH with similar backgrounds, thanks for keeping the knowledge flowing.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question really isn’t what can our military accomplish but should we be allowed to accomplish anything militarily?

As the cited ad in the OP shows the US is a fallen, immoral, and evil empire that is thankfully in decline.
Many of the people in it are good, but they are not who the US represents anymore.
USA means Usury, Sodomy, Abortion now. They are our chief exports, and any American that doesn’t agree with those being admirable things are viewed by the managerial class as outsiders if not worse.

So being that I am one of these outsiders, in fact being white, male, Christian and a vet, I am literally considered a possible terrorist-do I even want our military to be effective?
No, no I don’t. I want it to be pants-on-head retarded. I want grunts that lube their rifle with KY and use dildos for bayonets. I want rainbow-painted Abrams and SSG. Diversity hire as gunner. Captain Affirmative action leading her 0311’s from the front in pride parades. F-35’s delivering precision guided canister munitions containing anti-white/anti-western literature to educate our enemies about their privilege.
The best case scenario is that we become combat ineffective as a nation. Our influence on the world stage has been an absolute disaster and has damaged more cultures than the soviets who exported hard communism did.
Harsh, but much truth in it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw somewhere else on the internet stating that Russia isn’t worried about the US getting involved with the Ukraine deal, because before we get into a fight our military is going to have to put our service members through 6 months of gender and race sensitivity training. We’ll be too weak to fight by the time we get there anyways, and they’ll be done doing their thing by then.
This was from the mouth of a few Russians. We’re viewed as a joke, these ads don’t help us any.
I believe it. Our military is a joke now. It will only get worse. It’s all part of the plan to destroy everything good about the USA.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Air Force is more interested in appeasing the troops and now allows hands in the pockets while in uniform.
From what I understand, the Green Berets allow it, too, but they're not worried about the little stuff like that. Apparently, they figure if you're in Special Forces, you've already shown that you're self-disciplined enough to get the job done on your own, and getting the job done is what counts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand, the Green Berets allow it, too, but they're not worried about the little stuff like that. Apparently, they figure if you're in Special Forces, you've already shown that you're self-disciplined enough to get the job done on your own, and getting the job done is what counts.
Nah, they have a grenade in each pocket.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I‘m not sure I’d blame Truman too much; by the time he was sworn in as President in April 1945, the Russians were already at the Seelow Heights 50 miles east of Berlin, while the Western Allies were still slogging through western Germany. A week later, the Russians were in Berlin, and the Americans were rolling up to the demarcation line agreed upon by FDR and Stalin. Two weeks later, the Germans surrendered, so Truman didn’t have much opportunity to influence events in Europe. By August 1945, the Americans were sick and tired of four years of war and sacrifice, and the top generals were reluctant to invade Japan due to the tremendous loss of lives that would ensue on both sides. After the atomic bombs were dropped and Japan surrendered, MacArthur, the top Allied leader on the ground in Japan, was in favor of treating the Japanese, especially the Emperor, with moderation (aside of the top generals and political leaders), and that‘s basically what happened.
Yes, I knew all this but I meant it as a cynical response to our current leadership with their "blame it on Trump" mentality, my sarcasm gets the better of me some days. Our soldiers have a new situation to worry about now, how do you think they feel about the possibility of going to Europe to fight the Russians after spending all that time wasting away in the middle east? I would be very tired and worried about it.
The issue isn't purely the rot in our military, but the political lack of will to win. as we just saw on display for 20 years in AFG. beat us in a straight up paper fight on neutral territory? Maybe Russia, Maybe China, a lot dependent. China's navy still sucks ass. beat us with our rot, and our weak people and weak political structure? It would seem Vietnamese rice farmers, illiterate goat herders, other illiterate goat herders, so pretty much anyone above that.
We are rapidly heading in the same direction as the Romans, I wish I could say "everybody" knows how that ended but with cancel culture running rampant thru this country I fear they won't learn from history until they are looking thru a barbed wire fence and armed guards walking around it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom