Mo Brooks, finally a Rep. with some common sense and cajones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Incrementalism works as a strategy when you're chipping away at something that applies to everybody bit-by-bit instead of going for a big change all at once; it doesn't work when you start giving special privileges to one group. When you do that, you remove some of the pressure by shrinking the base of people calling for change. It's especially ineffective when you give those special privileges to those in power to make the changes you want, because the strongest motivation they have is when they want something themselves; give it to them alone, and they no longer have skin in the game. "I got mine," and all that.

exactly

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Incrementalism works as a strategy when you're chipping away at something that applies to everybody bit-by-bit instead of going for a big change all at once; it doesn't work when you start giving special privileges to one group. When you do that, you remove some of the pressure by shrinking the base of people calling for change. It's especially ineffective when you give those special privileges to those in power to make the changes you want, because the strongest motivation they have is when they want something themselves; give it to them alone, and they no longer have skin in the game. "I got mine," and all that.

This is exactly why I opposed LEOSA. It's legislated elitism.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom