Monkey fists.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe? The statute says it's a felony to use slung shot, but I can't find where the statutes actually define "slung shot." They just say "any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot."
So all that would entail is the prosecuting DA pulls out a dictionary, reads the definition, and asks the arresting officer if the item meets the definition.

By statute, as I understand it, it is a felony. Misdemeanor to manufacture, felony to carry, concealed or not. Stupidity through and through.

Fortunately, every DA or judge I've asked about it has stated they would not consider prosecuting or sentencing someone according to these statutes unless there were some additional felonious behavior involved, like assaulting or killing someone with said slung shot.

I haven't seen one in the wild since the time I mentioned earlier in this thread.

https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2020/title-21/section-21-1282/
https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2020/title-21/section-21-1281/

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The term “slung shot” historically refers to a weight woven into a thin line used to toss a cord from one ship to another, which was then use to pull a heavier line over.
Legal use nowadays is in reference to any weight attached to any cord, designed to be used as a weapon.
Bikers have been know to carry a heavy padlock in the back pocket with a bandanna pulled through it. If a cop approaches, grab one end and pull only the bandanna out of the pocket, and blow your nose.
Need to crack a skull, pull both sides of the bandanna and out comes a cranium crusher at high speed.
So in other words do not mess with this Santa!!

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• D7FF10E1-7C79-4C2B-B844-632C612B3FAC.jpeg
    D7FF10E1-7C79-4C2B-B844-632C612B3FAC.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 45

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just recently saw a tree cutting crew using something similar to throw a light line over a high branch, then pull their heavier rope to secure the big branch/trunk that was next to be chainsawed. It looked like a small sandbag tied to some para cord, heavy enough to fall through small suckers/limbs, but wouldn’t injure people below. Isn’t ”slung shot” just a version of the medieval flail?

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those look more like a blackjack type design.
Made as a keychain. You walking across a parking lot to your car, you got your keys in your hand already. Defensive if needed, but not long enough to be considered a “slug shot”. Could be used to break a window to get out if needed. Or whip your spoilt kids. Lol. Even comes in your favorite team or cause colors. Sell alot of these with a blue line to LEO’s. None ever stated that they considered it a “slug shot”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom