Monopoly for Millennials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Forget real estate, you can't afford it anyway!" That's the tagline of Hasbro's just released edition of the classic board game, called "Monopoly for Millennials". Rich Uncle Pennybags, a millennial version of Monopoly's famous little front man, carries a "to-go" coffee cup and wears a "Participation" badge. Its freaking hilarious.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard about that today. No property to buy, just visits to friends for points and they recommend playing it in your parents basement for the full experience.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to go look it up. Hilarious!

The box for the game shows Mr. Monopoly taking a selfie, wearing headphones and a participation medal and holding a coffee. The taglines read: “Forget real estate, you can’t afford it anyway,” and “Adulting is hard. You deserve a break from the rat race!” Rather than win by collecting the most money, the game prompts players to collect experiences—including visiting a friend’s couch, going to a vegan bistro, and hitting a week-long meditation retreat. Game pieces include a hashtag and crying emoji.

And the the real kicker
Though the game is not found on Hasbro’s website, it is for sale at Walmart.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to play a game of Monopoly where there are no losers and everyone wins. I guess just equally divide up the property and call it game over?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One article said Millennials being offended by it, is the most Millennial thing. One commentor that was offended said they can't buy real estate because of their massive student loan debt. Well, that's what happens when you refuse to work, pay bills, and expect someone to pay it for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom