Monument companies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Planned DEMpanic put them all way behind.

I would have thought they would be caught up by now.

The company our family has used for 40+ years, took 20 months to get Mom's completed. Ordered Oct '21, set June '23.

Changing companies will most likely just cause delays. IMHO

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is the processing time because of a lag in getting the granite chunks, or the queue for the carving/engraving?

Seems weird at this point there is still a problem.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is the processing time because of a lag in getting the granite chunks, or the queue for the carving/engraving?

Seems weird at this point there is still a problem.
No, they had the headstone in stock, so it has nothing to do with granite supply. It took six weeks to get a design I could live with.

They originally said I would get a proof of the design in two weeks, but it took four weeks to get the first proof. I asked about changing one element of the design and it took a week to get an answer to the question. We then submitted some design changes and it took another week to get an updated design. So as of this past Monday, it was six weeks. I think the problem is that they are farming out the design and engraving, and the design company is where the problem lies.

I talked to Gifford Monument in Broken Arrow yesterday and they said they can deliver within six weeks so that's very tempting. It will cost a little more, but not a lot, and they can't do some of the design features I wanted so there will be some compromises, but there are going to be some compromises in ANY case. And I'm afraid to even ask about changing anything, because I assume it will cause at least another one week delay.

I hate all this drama, and changing will be even more drama, but six weeks sure sounds a LOT better than four more months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom