Moore Coach protects kids, may face charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if the coach had a concealed carry and had shouted "don't kill my kids with that knife" and then shot him defending the kids in his charge, would that have been OK? Just wondering if that would have been a better approach.

Dave

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I firmly believe this coach did nothing wrong. I am also just going to state my position even though it may be an inflammatory statement. I believe race may be a factor here. How else could a guy with no weapon get charged for hitting a guy waving a knife around children? Oh wait he was just trying to stab the tires...something in this story is amiss.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"At that moment I was scared because we seen the knife, the kids seen the knife and when I went after the guy I wanted to make sure he didn't bring that knife back out, so I'm not proud of this point, but I snapped and I did push him, and I did hit him a few times," said Cardwell.

I'll be the devil's advocate.

Sounds to me like we don't have the full story. By the coach's own admission, it appears the coach "went after" the guy even though he'd put the knife away and coach wanted to "make sure he didn't bring it back out".

Seems to me it's possible the threat had passed and instead of moving along, the coach let his anger cloud his judgement.

...though it is interesting that the fella with the knife didn't face more scrutiny for "brandishing" a knife.

Latest posts

Top Bottom