Moral Dilemma Exercise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read where Stalin was just as bad as Hitler-even worse. Hitler was an eloquent speaker and could have a crowd int he palm of his hand-I believe he started out as a street organizer-in modern terminology.
Modern day ACORN community organizer and we know who spawned out of that to a position of leadership.....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but if I had a time machine and knew what these people did, I would go back and pick off a few of the mass murderers like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, who ever ordered small pox infected blankets given to the Indians. etc, etc. While killing them young would bother me, it would be better than letting them kill 100s of millions of people.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a fan of science fiction and time travel theory, the story line always results in a ripple effect. If you change the past, you change the future.

You may kill him, but what if someone he killed in his future life was not killed turned out to be far worse than him?

The theory is that everyone’s life has an effect. Some big, some small. Remove that person and the effects change.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time travel 101.

By going back in time you alter the timeline and create an entirely new point in time. One can’t say for certain that they would’ve turned out bad in the new timeline. I hate to be “that guy’, but the question’s premise is flawed.

This is standard nerd stuff. Cmon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, if it didn't cause a "ripple effect" or alter "the timeline" and it's for the betterment of mankind I believe I could do it. I wouldn't know for sure until the time came though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knowing my luck one of the people he killed would have killed my bloodline later in life and I wouldn't even be a thought..
Exactly.
A lot of us wouldn't be here if we interfered in history. The blood lines of most Americans run from all over the world including genetics from Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, and Mao Tse Tung.
History is history, not to be interfered with. We cannot go back in time and fix anything.
We can only look to the future to fix things so our history won't be the the same as the great despots and dictators of the past history.

Latest posts

Top Bottom