More gun control measures passed under our noses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Draft is still law and in effect with criminal penalties possible for not registering.

Updated February 07, 2020
The Selective Service System wants you to know that the requirement to register for the draft did not go away with the end of the Vietnam War. Under the law, virtually all male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are ages 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service.

While there is no draft currently in effect, men who are not classified as unfit for military service, disabled men, clergymen, and men who believe themselves to be conscientiously opposed to war must also register.

Penalties for Failure to Register for the Draft​

Men who do not register could be prosecuted and, if convicted, fined up to $250,000 and/or serve up to five years in prison.1 In addition, men who fail to register with Selective Service before turning age 26, even if not prosecuted, will become ineligible for:

• Student Financial Aid - including Pell Grants, College Work Study, Guaranteed Student/Plus Loans, and National Direct Student Loans.
  • U.S. Citizenship - if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday.
  • Federal Job Training - The Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) offers programs that can train young men for jobs in auto mechanics and other skills. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service.
  • Federal Jobs - men born after December 31, 1959, must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal government and the U.S. Postal Service.

In addition, several states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register.

You may have read or been told that there is no need to register because so few people are prosecuted for failing to register. The goal of the Selective Service System is registration, not prosecution. Even though those who fail to register may not be prosecuted they will be denied student financial assistance, federal job training, and most federal employment unless they can provide convincing evidence to the agency providing the benefit they are seeking, that their failure to register was not knowing and willful.
Now how many believe that all those boyz runnin' round the hood have registered for the draft? :laugh6:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"but few can hump the pig all day long."

Does that qualify them to be VP?

I registered in Oct '74. Graduated May '75. Busted my ass to get academic scholarship and deferment.

Nixon pulled out of Vietnam and ended draft, in April.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now how many believe that all those boyz runnin' round the hood have registered for the draft? :laugh6:
My children arnt and won’t be registering. Now they can draft your girls. Feminism!
I am still of drafting age, no way in hell will I go fight the corrupt government. I’ll fight to defend our country, not our government.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My children arnt and won’t be registering. Now they can draft your girls. Feminism!
I am still of drafting age, no way in hell will I go fight the corrupt government. I’ll fight to defend our country, not our government.
1: congress has yet to pass legislation requiring women to register, so there’s that. It has been in the cards since women wanted to serve in frontline combat units. Now that they can, they have to measure up to the same standards.

2: by not registering with selective service, your sons will give up their United States citizenship, their right to vote, opportunities to attend college/receive federal student aid, receive any government assistance to include housing or social security. This will also bar them from working for the government, being a contractor or vendor to the government, complicate firearms ownership and purchasing, and I am sure that there’s other things I am forgetting.

Also, while unlikely, it can make them liable for paying a $250,000 fine and serve 5 years in the federal pen? The last person to be charged criminally for this was in 1986 and it was dismissed, but if we do get into another major war, I would put money on a draft happening. If we watch how things have been done in the past, at that point the government will be happy to resume criminal penalties and vigorously pursue anyone who passed on their duties as Americans.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1: congress has yet to pass legislation requiring women to register, so there’s that. It has been in the cards since women wanted to serve in frontline combat units. Now that they can, they have to measure up to the same standards.

2: by not registering with selective service, your sons will give up their United States citizenship, their right to vote, opportunities to attend college/receive federal student aid, receive any government assistance to include housing or social security. This will also bar them from working for the government, being a contractor or vendor to the government, complicate firearms ownership and purchasing, and I am sure that there’s other things I am forgetting.

Also, while unlikely, it can make them liable for paying a $250,000 fine and serve 5 years in the federal pen? The last person to be charged criminally for this was in 1986 and it was dismissed, but if we do get into another major war, I would put money on a draft happening. If we watch how things have been done in the past, at that point the government will be happy to resume criminal penalties and vigorously pursue anyone who passed on their duties as Americans.
From what I understood females could be drafted, I hope I am wrong.

For the rest of what you said,
I know a lot of people who are not or were never registered and able to vote. No penalties. They do legally own firearms. I think you would be surprised if you actually asked or talked to people if they ever registered.

If a draft was to happen anytime soon, I believe the government would have a severe reality check at how many ppl are not or would not go simply because we as Americans realize how corrupt our government is. Then on top of that 65% or more would not pass PT test.
I guess they may know this, this is why the border is open because the government knows if the give them support they will fight?

At this point voting does not matter. What good is a vote if we have rigged elections?

Then again I don’t know what I do not know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom