More murders in tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The children are caught in the cross fire for the lifestyle their parents have chosen. I don't know what the answer is but it has become painfully obvious that what we have been trying is not working all that well..

I'll have to remember that going to a convenience store is a lifestyle choice next time I'm at Quik Trip.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being fairly naive about Tulsa- Visited several times for nightlife, concerts, etc.. What's the deal with the violence?

From the casual headlines scanning, it seems like there are more violent crimes in Tulsa than in OKC. Probably not so, but that's what I get from headlines.

Demographics an issue? Gangs? Drug dealers?

I'm sure the cops in that area take it seriously, but does the city Govt. and DA's office support their efforts?

It's got to affect everything from real estate values to corporate interest in moving to or staying in Tulsa= Jobs lost.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure the cops in that area take it seriously, but does the city Govt. and DA's office support their efforts?

It's got to affect everything from real estate values to corporate interest in moving to or staying in Tulsa= Jobs lost.

A lot of this is overblown, IMO. Few of these happen in places where you would be if you were in town for a concert. If you know where you are, walk in well-lit areas, and stay aware of your surroundings, you'll be alright.

For all the "country boy can survive!" sentiment there is around here, you all get pretty jittery around cities. Yeah I know TULSA WAS VOTED 28TH MOST DANGEROUS CITY IN THE US or whatever but it's perfectly safe if you keep your wits about you.

E: For example, don't park your car in that unlit field north of Cain's. Pay the $5 or whatever and park someplace with streetlights. People park their car up there, where it's totally dark and there's no one around, and then act surprised when it gets broken into or they get held up on their way back to their car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom