Morel hunting 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've spent a few mins looking each of the few times we've gone diller boppin in the last couple weeks. Found the first one yet this evening.
IMG_4220.JPG

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3.5 miles today after work. Started walking about 5:30 this evening. At 7:44, I found the first one for 2019. I ended up finding 14 finishing up nearly in the dark.

I started hunting mushrooms with my Grandma around 1988 or so. It was a tradition to hunt mushrooms with her. She always wanted a big mess of mushrooms for Easter lunch with the entire family. I remember ruining a walking boot (like a cast) by traversing rough terrain and creek bottoms in 1994. Grandma last hunted mushrooms in 2014 as the rough terrain was difficult for someone of her age. Grandma passed away November 29th, 2018 at 86 years of age. I have been thinking of needing to find a mess of mushrooms this year for a couple weeks now. Last weekend I walked all afternoon one day hoping to find some and I didn't have any luck. Today I was within a 100 yards of returning to the truck to end a 3.5 mile walk without seeing any mushrooms, when I found 1, then another and another. I walked all the way around the group of 4 cedar trees and found enough to fill my ball cap. I stopped off at cemetary on the way home and left the 1st mushroom of 2019 with my Grandma.
Snapchat-1846059367.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out a few times in 2017, didn't find a one. Skipped 2018 in disgust. I did get a few once from a fellow member over in Ponca who was gracious enough to pass along a few, just so I could taste 'em. They was good. I liked 'em. But they's alotta work, too.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out a few times in 2017, didn't find a one. Skipped 2018 in disgust. I did get a few once from a fellow member over in Ponca who was gracious enough to pass along a few, just so I could taste 'em. They was good. I liked 'em. But they's alotta work, too.
I know guys over that find quite a bit along the pathfinder

Latest posts

Top Bottom