Morel hunting 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How the heck do you guys eat those? Mushrooms are so gross. And how the grid do you know if they are ok to eat or not? Only mushrooms I ever see are the white ones that pop up in my yard form time to time.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How the heck do you guys eat those? Mushrooms are so gross. And how the grid do you know if they are ok to eat or not? Only mushrooms I ever see are the white ones that pop up in my yard form time to time.
Batter and fry em. They are quite a bit different feeling than the white ones in your yard.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you could get some and try them you would be amazed they are nothing like what you are used to

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The girls n I hit the woods for about an hour this evening. Couple was getting dry and we left a few very dry ones in the woods.
IMG_4315.JPG
IMG_4323.JPG
IMG_4327.JPG

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morels don't look anything like the poisonous toadstools/etc. that have a stem and distinctive cap.

Some folks eat 'em raw, some folks cook 'em. A guy I worked with years ago would bring raw Morels in his lunchbox to eat with a sandwich.

I like 'shrooms either way. :drunk2:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

The only shroom that looks similar to a morel is a false morel, and after you've seen a few of both it's not hard to distinguish. False morels are webbed inside, and true morels are hollow from top to bottom if one is ever in doubt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom