Most Common Gun for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do any of those you listed have a statistically more significant sample of what is actually being carried than the rest of us?

Store owners: what is being sold is not automatically carried

Instructors: people often don't shoot what they carry at classes. For example, I've run my glocks and a 1911 in class more than my P3AT, but more often throw the P3AT in my pocket. Training fail on my part, yup. But it's reality.

Cops: How many actually come across legally armed citizens and actually inspect what they are carrying, and how often does that occur.

They are guessing too....which was the intent of the OP.

I didn't mean to imply that gun store owners/employees, instructors, and police officers have certain knowledge of what is being carried. I should have said that I believe that they have better knowledge than the rest of us. The gun store owner/employee is going to hear many customers say what the intended use of the gun is. Concealed carry instructors will see what people think they are going to carry. I agree that the gun you intend to carry may not be the one you end up carrying. Police officers will not have as good a basis for an opinion as the first two categories, in my opinion, but I think the experience they do have still puts them ahead of the rest of us.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pocket autos have been carried a long time too, not just snubbys. I think its the better ammo that's making them(small autos) very popular again.

My guess for most common type of ccw would be a Glock of some sort

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the type. The guys who ask you what the best small gun to carry is and you say a snub nosed revolver and they crinkle their face like someone just farted and tell you that they don't want a revolver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom