Most over rated bands/singers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. If you don't like someone that is not wildly popular or critically acclaimed, they are not overrated. You just don't like them.

A mediocre band selling millions of records is an overrated band. The Beatles are a prime example, it seems most everybody thinks they invented music and can do no wrong. They get credit for things they did not do, from critics and fans. Overrated. They got to a point after a couple albums where they could have made a 50 minute album of Ringo snoring and people would have bought it and called it brilliant. They could do no wrong.

The dollars and cents measuring stick doesn't mean anything. Is Hannah Ray Cyrus a brilliant musician? She makes money.

If I made an album of me singing in the car with the windows down while driving down the highway, and it sold 30 million copies and got good reviews....I would be overrated. Actuaclly if I made an album of anything and it sold one copy, I would be overrated.

This could apply, and be accurate, to many things. I agree, to some point, with many of the bands listed. Commercial success certainly appears to have much more to do with group think than talent or abilitah.

You could even apply this statement to a local football program.:hot:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta divert on the Nirvana thing.....great band.

Any band that was good enough to change the face of music is not over rated. Some people may not like what they play, but there is a reason it changed the music sceen. My radio in my truck has never seen a country station, but that does not mean that I think no one in country music good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom