Most over rated bands/singers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Threads about music and sports are hilarious on this forum. That's why I go to sports sites and music sites to talk about either.

BTW, my vote is Frank Zappa. Rubbish.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave Mathews Band.

They suck hard. Their fans have got to be the biggest tools in the world. I got free tix to the concert at the ball park a couple years ago. I thought I was at a Craftsman convention. Wall to wall tools.

I'm going to have to agree and add Rascal Flatts and U2 and Coldplay

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the OVER rated note.... GARTH BROOKS! Saw him in concert ONCE! The guy cannot sing! AMAZING! It was like the first week of American idol without the nice guy editing!

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.dogmaticblog.com/2007/06/28/howard-stern-exposes-led-zeppelin-as-a-farce/
Did Led Zeppelin steal the majority of their first album from other sources?

Over the years Led Zeppelin has been accused of borrowing music and lyrics from other artists, especially some of the greatest blues legends of all time.

Led Zeppelin has been taken to court over the matter on numerous occasions. Several of the cases are yet to be resolved.

Click to listen as the Howard Stern show exposes the legendary Zeppelin as “…nothing more than a glorified cover band…”

Plagiarism occurs throughout Led Zeppelin’s impressive catalog…

10. “Black Mountain Side” – originally it was a traditional English folk song that appears on Bert Jansch’s 1966 album Jack Orion as “Blackwaterside”; yet it was credited on Led Zeppelin’s first album as a Jimmy Page composition. This is a common theme.

9. “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You” – a folk song that was written by Anne Bredon in the late ’50s and then recorded by Joan Baez in 1963. Led Zeppelin included the song on their 1969 debut Led Zeppelin credited as “trad., arr. Page” but then later changed (in the ’90s) to properly given credit to Bredon for writing the song.

8. “Since I’ve Been Lovin’ You” – released on the album Led Zeppelin III, the song features lyrics taken from the Moby Grape song “Never”). Perhaps it was coincidence that Moby Grape was one of Robert Plant’s favorite bands…

7. “Moby Dick” – a fan favorite during Led Zeppelin concerts, the guitar riff is eerily similar to (or, a nearly note-for-note ripoff of) a riff which appears on Bobby Parker’s 1961 single, “Watch Your Step” . Jimmy Page was an admitted fan of Parker’s, at one point even attempting to sign him to Led Zeppelin’s Swan Song Records label.

6. “In My Time Of Dying” – this is a traditional blues song that has been covered by a LOT of musicians since the early ’60s when Bob Dylan covered it on his debut album (LISTEN). Unlike most musicians who record the song, Led Zeppelin could not admit the song wasn’t their own: Dylan credited the song “trad. arr. Dylan”, Zeppelin’s credits read “Page, Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham”.

5. “The Lemon Song” – from Led Zeppelin II, this song steals heavily from the Howlin’ Wolf song “Killing Floor” , a song Led Zeppelin often played during their first tour of the United States. I say “steal” because the credits on Led Zeppelin II attribute the song solely to Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonham.

4. “Bring It On Home” – written by Willie Dixon and made famous by Sonny Boy Williamson II, Led Zeppelin’s version from Led Zeppelin II featured an intro and outro that were deliberate homages to the original. However, Willie Dixon was not given a writing credit for the track and Arc Music later filed a lawsuit against Led Zeppelin for copyright infringement. The case was settled out of court.

3. “Whole Lotta Love” – released on Led Zeppelin II, this song was the band’s first hit single. It was not, however, an original composition as the album credits originally claimed. In fact, the lyrics are heavily taken from “You Need Love” by Willie Dixon whose label would later file a lawsuit claiming copyright infringement in 1985 (see above).

2. “Stairway To Heaven” – yes, even this most classic of all Zeppelin songs is based upon another band’s music. Nooo! Not “Stairway”, say it ain’t so! Well, the main guitar riff sounds an awful lot like the song “Taurus” by the band Spirit, doesn’t it? Especially when you consider that Led Zeppelin toured with Spirit in 1969…

1. “Dazed And Confused” – released on Led Zeppelin’s first album, the song was originally credited as “written by Jimmy Page” and was one of the band’s most signature songs. However, it was NOT written by Jimmy Page. In fact, “Dazed and Confused” was originally penned by folk singer Jake Holmes who caught Page’s attention one night at the Village Theater in Greenwich Village while opening for The Yardbirds (Page’s band at the time). Jimmy arranged a version of the song for The Yardbirds but didn’t record a studio version until 1969 with Led Zeppelin. “Dazed And Confused” went on to become the highlight of Zeppelin shows for their entire career, Jake Holmes never sought any manner of legal action.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I've got time to sit down a submit my list now..

U2.. I just don't dig U2.

Rolling Stones.. there are a couple of Stones songs that are some of the best songs I've ever heard, but as a whole, I really don't see the fascination. Mick Jagger's vocals are all over the place.. "But his vocals are so raw and free flowing!" Please don't confuse "raw" with "crap".

The Beatles.. again, a couple of their songs are some of the best songs I've ever heard, but in general, it's old teenie bopper crap as already mentioned earlier in this thread.

Coldplay.. I think the main reason I don't like Coldplay is because they remind me a lot of U2, which has already been mentioned above.

There are two I haven't seen mentioned yet and will probably get my ass kicked, but here it goes..

AC/DC and KISS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom