Mountain Lion captured in North Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YAP YAP YAP. Kill a black mountain lion, then I'll be impressed.

He he he. I am beginning to like your stance more and more.

My initial post was a serious post and let me clarify that I am not saying that they are not here. I just don't believe there are as many as some people seem to think. In fact, if there is an actual resident population, then it is most likely very small statewide.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My initial post was a serious post and let me clarify that I am not saying that they are not here. I just don't believe there are as many as some people seem to think. In fact, if there is an actual resident population, then it is most likely very small statewide.

You just stumbled on a subject that has inspired many a multi-page debate on this forum....Fun to watch.

I once shot a mountain lion in the hip at the target in Midwest City. My Grandpa and Grandma, who are both LEOs, had to monkey stomp some Greenpeace activists that got all up in my face about it. Good thing I kept a spare SKS in the trunk of my Kia...threw it grandma LEO and she got busy while I did tactical rolls through the parking lot as a distraction. It was kewl.....

OK Bush Pilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad has a picture of one he shot in Ulysses, KS when I was little. He also has trapped a few. He has lived in Oklahoma since the 70’s. My uncle, who was born, raised, & still lives in Laverne, OK has the one he shot in SW OK stuffed in his house. There are now and have always been mountain lions in Oklahoma!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just stumbled on a subject that has inspired many a multi-page debate on this forum....Fun to watch.

I once shot a mountain lion in the hip at the target in Midwest City. My Grandpa and Grandma, who are both LEOs, had to monkey stomp some Greenpeace activists that got all up in my face about it. Good thing I kept a spare SKS in the trunk of my Kia...threw it grandma LEO and she got busy while I did tactical rolls through the parking lot as a distraction. It was kewl.....

I just snorted coffee out my nose!! Gee ... thanks!!! LOL

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That wasn't a mountain lion, it was a cougar......

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandma once broke her nose back in the mid 50's when she walked down to the bottom to get her milk cow to bring it back up to the house when a mountain lion roared scaring her so she took off running tripping over a stump falling and breaking her nose. She never saw the lion.
Mountain lions don't roar. They can't.

... sounds like a women screaming bloody murder with a deep grawl at the end!
Coincidentally enough, that is the exact way a porcupine sounds.

I absolutely agree they are here, saying otherwise would just be ignorant. They're an extremely nomadic animal and western Oklahoma is perfect territory for them. I get a kick out of how many people here see dozen of mountain lions every time they go outside, yet people that live in states with large, known populations of lions may go their entire life and never see one. Something just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the missus told me she had seen a mountain lion, I was wondering if she'd been down to the tornado shelter and got into the squeezins :drink: ... :)

Then I saw what looked to be a three-way cross between a mountain lion, bobtail and lynx: Lynx head, 2/3 sized mountain lion torso and legs and a bobtail tail.:uhh:

Then I remembered what out Vet told us :saywhat:. There are lots of folks with exotic permits (and maybe they don't). These owners also like "experiment" with cross breeding. They also came by to show us a pair of snow tiger cubs they were holding as collateral until the owners paid up the bill.

These events took place some 15+ years ago about 13-14 SE of Norman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom