Multicam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sat in one of your brigade training briefs for a week about your train up at NTC in April of 2010. You could feel the tension as no one was willing to speak out of what I would assume was fear. It was way awkward. I couldn't leave Knox fast enough. Only good thing about that brigade is their coin was the size of a SAPI plate. I never received one, only saw one.

I don't think I ever got to see one and I was in the S-3 shop, mostly shamming though. I had to go to that NTC rotation in August of 2010 even though I ETSed in September. I had VA appointments during August but the BDE CSM(db) wouldn't let me leave NTC for them. My job for those 31 days was on white cell going around the rear area and picking up trash. I was pretty mad about all that and they did that to a lot of guys because they chose not to extend their time through the upcoming deployment.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out of the Duke Brigade (1-26 IN, 3rd BDE, 1st ID, Ft Knox) in Nov of 2010 right before the unit deployed and I can agree that Col Toner and CSM Pumarajo or whatever his name was were both like that. I couldn't stand that two POS and I had to write a Congressional complaint just to get my ETS award after I had submitted it three times. They hated the guys that stood the same unit up at Ft. Hood, TX, in 2007 and were pretty decorated after our deployment to the Kunar Province from 08-09. They did what they could to kick out anybody from the old unit that they could instead of getting them help.

I was with 1-26 from 2007-2012. We've probably crossed paths. I can attest to the piss poor leadership... Thought it couldn't get worse, but it did this past simmer. I got the hell out at that point.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read your comment regarding the unprofessionally blatant animosity towards the Ft. Hood originals, sad thing is that they have screwed over and lied to their Soldiers so many times, the Joe's don't trust any of the COC anymore. Hard to run an efficient shop when all your guys have absolutely no morale.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was with 1-26 from 2007-2012. We've probably crossed paths. I can attest to the piss poor leadership... Thought it couldn't get worse, but it did this past simmer. I got the hell out at that point.

Which company were you in? I was in Recon PLT, HHC at Hood and S-3 at Knox before I ETSed at the end of 2010.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky you, my guys were getting hemmed up all over including Bagram, Salerno, Gardez. (TF Duke?) Hopefully things have changed. Because honestly it made no sense.

Head gear was the last of our worries! We we couldn't even shave everyday at our COP, they could care less, water bottle shower baby!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom