Muscle cars that you own now or past lets see them and if restoring let us know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What qualifies as a muscle car? LOL!

My daily driver is a BMW 540i, 280hp V8 and 6spd manual... just happens to have 4 doors.

Some nice cars in here!

My dream cars from the "muscle" era are:
'67-'68 Mustang Fastback
'70 Chevelle
'63 Falcon
'59-'60 'Vette
'64 Shelby Cobra Roadster Replica (want to be able to drive it!)
'70-'73 Camaro Split Bumper

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of HP to weight ratio--many years ago a friend of mine built a '23 T-bucket around a roller-cammed 327 Chevy with a 6-71 blower run 1-to-1, two Holley 660s, a Powerglide transmission and Firestone Sprint Car rubber out back. The car weighed 1950 lbs, the supercharged motor made about 650 hp, the power-to-weight ratio was 3-to-1. Not really a muscle car, but man could that thing go.

My mechanic has a T-bucket. I don't know what year it is, but its insane fast. His biggest expense is keeping rear tires on it. Somehow they keep burning off. LOL....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What qualifies as a muscle car? LOL!

My daily driver is a BMW 540i, 280hp V8 and 6spd manual... just happens to have 4 doors.

Some nice cars in here!

My dream cars from the "muscle" era are:
'67-'68 Mustang Fastback
'70 Chevelle
'63 Falcon
'59-'60 'Vette
'64 Shelby Cobra Roadster Replica (want to be able to drive it!)
'70-'73 Camaro Split Bumper

A falcon? Really? I think a 289 was the biggest factory offering in that model. 2 BBL stick.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
A falcon? Really? I think a 289 was the biggest factory offering in that model. 2 BBL stick.

What can I say? I like them! They are light. If a 289 fits, so does the 302.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Dream_20Cars_5116_Small_d.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool pic! Not like I remember them, all rusted out, paint faded in two years or so. :D

I would have never imagined a 427 chevy in an early Nova either with a tube front end and forward tipping body. Buddy built one.

One of our newer members has some relatives that had some real muscle cars. Grew up in the shirttails of his uncle.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a 64 Chevelle station wagon in the early 70's. Pretty well warmed over 327, 2.54 low gear Muncie, 4.56 Posi, 5 spoke ET wheels. It was my every day driver. Put a lot of clutches in it until I started using softer springs so it could slide a little instead of jolting. I found it would ooze forward a couple feet on my competitors during shifts and last longer. Worked out well. (The original slider clutch)

Had a lot of fun off the stoplights in Tulsa in the 70's.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Cool pic! Not like I remember them, all rusted out, paint faded in two years or so. :D

I would have never imagined a 427 chevy in an early Nova either with a tube front end and forward tipping body. Buddy built one.

That was outside a car show we went to. Turned out to be one of my favorite cars. Partially because no one else had one.

That one had also had the rear fenders cut around the rear tire, instead of partially covered like the originals.

bringatrailer.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_03_1963_Ford_Falcon_f2c14b98bc2f7be4b6fe5cf5bab691c7.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a 64 Chevelle station wagon in the early 70's. Pretty well warmed over 327, 2.54 low gear Muncie, 4.56 Posi, 5 spoke ET wheels. It was my every day driver. Put a lot of clutches in it until I started using softer springs so it could slide a little instead of jolting. I found it would ooze forward a couple feet on my competitors during shifts and last longer. Worked out well. (The original slider clutch)

Had a lot of fun off the stoplights in Tulsa in the 70's.

Late 60's and 1970 there was a huge presence of muscle cars and flat out dragsters on trailers that were on Peoria.
Cars lined the streets watching the bad boys roll down the street, and the cops pretty much stayed away.

Sadly all things come to an end when the drinking evolved into smashing bottles on retailers parking lots and fights became the norm. Cops moved in and shut it down, as it should have been when it progressed to that point.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was outside a car show we went to. Turned out to be one of my favorite cars. Partially because no one else had one.

That one had also had the rear fenders cut around the rear tire, instead of partially covered like the originals.

bringatrailer.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_03_1963_Ford_Falcon_f2c14b98bc2f7be4b6fe5cf5bab691c7.jpg

Very NICE!

Edit: Just noticed that was the Futura. That's really rare.

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

My first car that I bought 20 years ago has been restored worn out and needs restored again. Currently in the "have two kids and no money" stage... 1969 Camaro 350 with AC, interior is good except for needing a new dash, engine is currently a 350 crate motor but I have matching block that needs a rebuild, exterior it's time for a rust repair on a few areas and paint, currently converting drum to disk (I'm stalled at the need new wheels and tires and just had a baby part), chassis needs new rear leafs and then it's pretty much a great! Ha

Latest posts

Top Bottom