Muskogee Gun range ?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I have no CNC stuff but I have a MILLER syncrowave tig,stick & a mig 15''lathe,
42" up right Mill.Honing machine ect.
If you & I got together it might be scaryin what we could come up with![Broken External Image]

I'm jealous,:thumb: I'd like to have the bigger machines in my shop.

I kinda' like scary...... :)

My CNC machines started out as manual machines. I replaced the Acme screws with Ball screws, replaced the hand cranks with stepper motors and controllers. I then hooked up all of that to a PC loaded with stepper control software.

I got benchtop machines and built short benches so I could run them from a chair, but bigger machines would be nice.

tauntdesigns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A mill and lathe are on the short list to put in a shop when I move.

I'd love to be able to go out and play with metal for the fun of it.

Yeah it's nice to be able to mess around with metal with you need to make something.

When moving to a new place, check out the electrical service and make sure your machines will be able to use the service provided there. My benchtop machines run on single phase electric, which is available anywhere. Most of the bigger machines run on 3-phase and will need a phase converter or will need to be converted with a single phase motor to work in the city.

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run mine on a phase converter & it's not that big of deal, just a little more cost.The only thing you don't want to run you mill & lathe at the same time &
there NO WAY i'm going to work that hard again!img][Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt I get that big of a machine right off the bat. The one my friend has is a benchtop mill. The lathe is a little larger, but still not huge, I think it had a 42" stroke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom