Muzzle loader starts this weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't shot nearly as much as Okie, but I haven't had difficulty in loading or diminished accuracy. I started with good sabots, and that is key to accuracy and not melting plastic in the barrel.

That's kinda what I was thinkin. If i ever get an in line I think I'll do the smokeless.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't shot nearly as much as Okie, but I haven't had difficulty in loading or diminished accuracy. I started with good sabots, and that is key to accuracy and not melting plastic in the barrel.

Had 2 friends that used Harvester sabots and almost got rid of their Savage as a result of rifling full of plastic.

That's kinda what I was thinkin. If i ever get an in line I think I'll do the smokeless.

Start with MMP sabots and you won't have sabot problems Lurker..........even when the 250gr bullet is at 2700fps :lookaroun

It's not necessary to push loads like that either unless you just want to. Mild loads take very little smokeless powder, are very comfortable to shoot (.243 like) and forever between cleanings.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had 2 friends that used Harvester sabots and almost got rid of their Savage as a result of rifling full of plastic.

Start with MMP sabots and you won't have sabot problems Lurker..........even when the 250gr bullet is at 2700fps :lookaroun

It's not necessary to push loads like that either unless you just want to. Mild loads take very little smokeless powder, are very comfortable to shoot (.243 like) and forever between cleanings.

Thanks. I've been intrigued by smokeless for awhile. Just ain't found the right deal.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_20141022_172049.jpgI got sighted in yesterday, shooting my cva Kodak using 90gr of 777 and some. TC sure fires.
wish my trigger was better...

Latest posts

Top Bottom