MWC man shoots a guy in his house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if going inside the house was the best decision in this case. I understand wanting to defend your home, but why risk your life when it's completely unnecessary? What it the intruder had a gun, not a knife? I'm all for the homeowner defending his property, but at what cost? A gun isn't a free pass to make poor decisions.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad he missed, although it makes me wonder at how the police didn't know whether or not he got hit.

Seems to me, being a simple hunter, that unless he was wearing 8 layers of seran wrap underneath his clothes, there would be some blood spray somewhere around where those bullets wound up. . .I don't know the full situation though.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if going inside the house was the best decision in this case. I understand wanting to defend your home, but why risk your life when it's completely unnecessary? What it the intruder had a gun, not a knife? I'm all for the homeowner defending his property, but at what cost? A gun isn't a free pass to make poor decisions.

I was just wondering the same thing. There is nothing in my house worth killing somebody over. Now, if I am in my house and you come in, well, then, that is a horse of a different color. :shocked:

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just curious... If the homeowner had quietly opened the door, caught the intruder off guard, and shot him in the back before he was even noticed, would there be a legal issue? I don't think you could justify self defense if you're on offense.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the guy faces charges. He went into the house from the driveway with his gun drawn, came face to face and fired. Seems a little on the bad decision side, he definitely had another choice. I can't that I have not gone into my house when the door was open after having come home, luckily I just didn't get it shut all the way when I left. But if my dogs had been barking, I would have just called the sheriff and waited outside. Just be careful folks, thats all I have to say!

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it wrong, while I was waiting for the article to come up, I kept repeating to myself, "don't let it be one of my rental houses, or one of my renter's"? It wasn't my house and I don't think we have any renter's with dread locks.

- Slack

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just wondering the same thing. There is nothing in my house worth killing somebody over. Now, if I am in my house and you come in, well, then, that is a horse of a different color. :shocked:

I find myself really torn there. While I agree is it worth the risk to me, I must also be a damn greedy SOB. I don't want anyone taking my stuff. Also, if this guy is doing this now, he has done it before and will no doubt do it again. The next time he may very well take a life. If my actions can prevent that shouldn't I act?

tough call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom