My BBQ Gun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I actually have two BBQ guns. Neither will be engraved, but soon both will sport some nice leather to go along with them.

The 3" 624 has had her grips for sometime now, the 4" just got her sandalwood the other day.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN2099.jpg

[Broken External Image]
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN2098.jpg

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of the GP 100 group buy guns. Did some hand work with Mother's Mag Polish and was quite pleased with the results. Used my Dremel carefully in some of the small areas.

Refinished the wood part of the grips, first attempt was with polyurethane. Didn't work. Got advice from a good worker at Ace Hdware and he recommended a spray on satin finish clear lacquer.

New rubber for the grip from Midway USA this week; even thought the gun had a buncha small scratches and nicks, it looks pretty nice now.

ai577.photobucket.com_albums_ss214_JagDrvr_Guns_GP100a.jpg

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that you have that, when are you going to get a Walker????

Walkers are another important step in Colt's history. I guess one could say that if it wasn't for the Walker, Colt might not exist today. I'll pick one up someday when the deal is right. Shot one when I was a kid. That's a big old hand cannon there!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Walkers are another important step in Colt's history. I guess one could say that if it wasn't for the Walker, Colt might not exist today. I'll pick one up someday when the deal is right. Shot one when I was a kid. That's a big old hand cannon there!

You might want to get the Dragoon instead, as the Walkers had a bad habit of unlocking the charging handle, even with the replica's. They were the magnums of their day, 40+grains of FFFG, compared to 25 to 30 in an 1860 Colt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom