My Eleanor, my M1 Garand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice rifle. Looks like she has an older lockbar rear sight too...extra bonus! What make is she; Springfield, Winchester?

Did you get the Mar '45 date off the barrel or from the serial number range? If it is in fact the original barrel it does add a certain amount of collectability to it, but in my mind, even mix-masters are collectable for the pure historical reasons you already stated.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Finally after way too long, I got to put my Garand on paper. Just in time for deer season to lol. Figured I would put the pics here, instead of a new thread. I am not used to shooting with irons, my first pellet gun had a scope on it, so the sights are going to take some getting used to. That, and the fact that I am not used to the trigger was frustrating at times, but I came away very happy. Several groups would have two rounds nearly touching, with another about 2-3 inches away.

Here is the best group of the day.
ai264.photobucket.com_albums_ii182_bt223_000_2320.jpg

I raised the sights a bit after that group, shot another, and decided I was good to go.

Feels good to shoot a decent group with my own handloads, hopefully I can get a deer with the Garand, and put pics of that up to.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mitch, that is a gorgeous Garand! Happy for ya! I'd really like to get one of those some day. I like the history stuff too and no question the Garand has a stellar legacy.

BTW, what was the yardage on that group? Shooting open sights is what it's all about man! I really want to go to one of those Appleseed shooting camps... The Garand would be perfect for that.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to think they were ugly, but now I think they're beautiful - especially when you realize the contribution they've made in our history. I gotta have one someday!

Latest posts

Top Bottom