My First Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you sir for adding fuel to the fire. Lol

I came by mine on a complete stroke of dumb luck after letting my mouth fly off the handle... I had been eying a 75tacsport (I admit, CZ75 was all I could talk about after pwning with it on COD-BlOps at the time) and in conversation with my smith, I mentioned that I'd be getting one for competition... Not one to be outdone, my smith popped up the next week with a shadowSAO. He like it so much, he decided to let go of his heavily comp tuned G34, so being the glock fan I am, I bought it. Another two weeks and he opens the box on Wilson TactElite, loves it, decides he'll shoot matches in .45acp, so I bought the Shadow from him lol... Three weeks later, he's back on 9mm with an STI matchmaster, and I found a spot in the safe for the Wilson... Until he talked me into selling it back to him lmao... Still, it's a total toss up between the shadow and 34. I'll never part with either, until I move anyway.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glocks, I know I'm one of the bashers, not because of how the work, just how they look, and I own three. This keeps me from using my nicer guns. All of mine are 3rd generation models; The G-17 is my competition gun, my G19(USA made) is my winter carry gun, and my G26(I won at the last GSSF match down at the Dallas Gun Club) is my summer carry.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_09a6d987_4d0c8cc246e83386c732d101da31fd7c0c9.jpg

More pic's of my USA made G19.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5194_zpscade730b.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5193_zpsf0f0c705.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5192_zpsf55a8c8c.jpg

Cynthia_J

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A glock 30sf (which adly I had to sell) was the best handgun I ever hit with and really felt comfortable shooting. To be fair though, I was equally as good with an XD45

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but I think a Glock is sexy. I prefer the look of Glock's over most semi auto's. I own three, a G17, G19, G23 and am issued a G31C and love all four of them. My favorite which I no longer have and wish I still did was the G34. Can't beat the reliability, ease of repair and use, price and overwhelming aftermarket parts and holsters for a Glock.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first, and currently only, Glock is a 22C. I was looking for a 23, but they didn't have any LE 23s in stock. I wanted the .40cal so I could buy 9mm, and maybe .357 sig barrels and have 2 or three guns in one. Barring that ability, I would have snagged a 19. I plan to try to carry the 22C, but we'll see how that goes.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came by mine on a complete stroke of dumb luck after letting my mouth fly off the handle... I had been eying a 75tacsport (I admit, CZ75 was all I could talk about after pwning with it on COD-BlOps at the time) and in conversation with my smith, I mentioned that I'd be getting one for competition... Not one to be outdone, my smith popped up the next week with a shadowSAO. He like it so much, he decided to let go of his heavily comp tuned G34, so being the glock fan I am, I bought it. Another two weeks and he opens the box on Wilson TactElite, loves it, decides he'll shoot matches in .45acp, so I bought the Shadow from him lol... Three weeks later, he's back on 9mm with an STI matchmaster, and I found a spot in the safe for the Wilson... Until he talked me into selling it back to him lmao... Still, it's a total toss up between the shadow and 34. I'll never part with either, until I move anyway.

when that time comes let me know. even if its a few years down the road dont be shy to send me a pm.

djdavis75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up with my first handgun, a Glock 22 .40 Gen 2, by chance. I was in my early 20's when my dad bought my brother a new Ruger 9mm. So he then offered to buy me a handgun, and it just so happened a local deputy for the sheriff's department was leaving the force and selling his G22. So I ended up with it, and I've owned a Glock for probably 15 plus years now. This year I sold the G22 and bought a G29 10mm Auto. It's smaller and more concealable, and the 10mm cartridge is awesome. I couldn't be happier.

Congrats on the new Glocks, in my experience they are a reliable and durable tool that gets the job done.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeees, drink the Glock kool aid, drink it up...

I like the no nonsense utilitarianism a glock offers. If you can bang two rocks together then you can work on them, and they're not picky about what conditions you're shooting them in.

The trigger is acceptable, and can be easily tweaked, but if I had to choose I'd say its my least favorite quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom