my gun was stolen, then used in a murder........Advice appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1...I cant carry mine when I work ..so its cable locked in the back seat of my truck ( I doubt if you could find it with all the junk back there) and yes I put it on when I get to my truck.
Dont be so hard on yourself...learn from it...make those decisions when they come. And Thanks for sharing...hopefully it will make everyone thimk..*

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear my gun all day, but I have kept a .22 or a 12ga in my truck for as long as I can remember, I guess it helps that we have a Rottweiler running around the driveway....

I would not worry about it, obviously your not the only one who has left your piece in the car overnight, and one persons crime is in no way your fault, like I tell my wife if someone wants in your car/house/whatever it doesn't matter if it's locked up or not they will find a way.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all i'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. Here is my take on ii. Personally if it was my gun i'd eventually want it back and i wouldnt sell it and if i did i'd disclose its history. You didnt pull the trigger its not your fault what some criminal did.

Similarly i've had several yugo sks's and mausers with notches in the stock or blood pitting from the balkan wars. It doesnt bother me that it may have killed somebody or several people.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's an inanimate object that has no feelings, no thoughts, and no ability to pull its own trigger. The gun didn't do anything, just enjoy having it back.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you feel the same way if they had stolen your vehicle and it was involved in a crash that killed someone? You have absolutely no control of anything once it is out of your possession. I can understand feeling bad. I sold a 38 special revolver years ago to a guy who loaned it to his father-in-law who used it to commit suicide. I felt bad about the situation, but I wasn't responsible for it.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evil people will always find a way to do evil deeds.
If they hadn't used your gun they would have
used one stolen from someone else. I have a
Browning Hi Power that I bought and found out
later was used in a suicide. Felt a little weird at
first but again it's just a tool, how it's used is up to
who uses it. Good luck in you decision.

N

Neist

I'm saying there are people that pay a good price for guns that have been documented to have been used in a crime. It's kind like serial killer art.

Unfortunately, what he speaks is true.

There's people who deal in serial killer souvenirs like it was sports memorabilia. It's creepy, and I don't exactly condone it, but I know it exists.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's easy to say, and probably much harder to do, but you shouldn't feel too bad about what has already transpired.

As to the handgun, I'd consider it gone forever, and if it somehow found it's way back to me, I'd probably let the arresting dept keep it, or dispose of it. I wouldn't want it, but that is just how I feel. No real reason, and no real concrete justification for how I feel, and I understand those that have differing opinions, but I wouldn't want it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom