My new build! Your suggestions would be very appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'm going to do either 18" or 20" barrel. Rifle length gas system. What parts would you use to finish the build? I'll update this thread each time a part is added(able to find parts)
rifle purpose: range toy, maybe 3gun if I ever get into it

Current List of parts acquired:
-Seekins SP223 lower receiver
-Seekins iRMT-3 upper receiver
-Seekins SP^3R 15" rail
-Seekins billet magazine release

NEEDED:
-trigger:
-barrel:
-muzzle device:
-stock:
gas block:
grip:
sights:
optic(no more than $400):
bipod:
bipod mount:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just completed a similar project. I used this barrel http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-18-SPR-SS410-Barrel-with-Rifle-Length-Gas-p/bcm-recbrl 18ss.htm
and a Geissele AR15 Super 3 Gun trigger, I love both. For now it has a PA 1X4 scope in a LaRue mount but I do plan on upgrading the scope down the road. I still need a BCG. For now I am using the Magpul MOE rifle stock. I also bought the gasblock and gas tube from BCM they ship very fast and their products are high quality. I used a Ranier Arms XD flash hider.

Not sure which route you want to go if you want to save weight a Vltor A5 would be the way to go on the stock. I'm debating doing that, or sticking with the MOE, or going with a PRS. I mounted one rail segment toward the front of my Troy Alpha rail to eventually attach a bipod, for that I'll probably use a LaRue mount and a Harris bi-pod.

I wanted to build a SPR and basically started buying parts on Jan 17th when I saw the barrels in stock at BCM. After seeing how light the upper was with just the rail and barrel I now want to build another really light carbine with a 14.5 light weight barrel and a Troy rail.

I borrowed a bcg from another rifle (I know it's dumb to do this) to function test this setup and I shot a couple sub 1" groups with cheap Black Hills 55 gr ammo.

midman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I just put on a couple parts I had laying around the house. Would it be bad to use a carbine stock on the rifle gas system? Or should I find a rifle stock I like.
Also, I'm Planning on using a stainless barrel like Peacemaker above. I'll probably put stainless bad ass safety levers and stainless kns trigger pins. I've been looking at ordering a WMD Nickelboron BCG to kind of stick with the black and stainless theme. Has anybody used one of those before? I just snagged a Bravo Company bcg which should ship monday. I'm hoping to use it for a different build though.
Current List of parts acquired:
-Seekins SP223 lower receiver
-Seekins iRMT-3 upper receiver
-Seekins SP^3R 15" rail
-Seekins billet magazine release
-Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom